1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SLAM]Scott Machado: Undrafted, But Not Forgotten

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And you acted like those guys were scrubs...They all had or have had solid careers.

Please go read your own post, you clearly stated undrafted guys never pan out, so by the sound of it, in your mind "pan out" means much more than being an All-star(Brad Miller), DPOY(Ben Wallace).

1 person likes this.
  2. YaosDirtyStache

Pass first PG's are my favorite to watch, and as our current team is built at the time of posting...there couldnt be a BETTER place to surprise people. We dont have a PG on this roster worth mentioning, so bring him on...I just dont wanna get my hopes up only for them to be crushed like Kelvin Cato did.

3. ejarts

ejarts Member

SO, you're saying after 2 good weeks, making Novak and Jeffries better, making a game winning shot.. after all that let's just forget about his potential and give up on him? Yeah. You'll be a good parent.

4. YaosDirtyStache

He made Novak better? Please, do tell! I mean I am sure its not Novaks extraordinary shooting ability paired with a SCHEME to get him shots.

Made JEFFRIES better? Not even going to address that.

Game winning shot? Wanna know who else hit tons of game winners? Tyron Lue.

2 good weeks doesnt mean he will have 1 good season. Hell, he was playing really poorly right before he blew out his knee.

I bet you also think Tebow is a good quarterback.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've only watched highlights. He doesn't look athletic enough to be a starter but he should be a decent backup/game manager type. What's probably the most impressive thing that I saw is he gets very few assists on PnR's. Most of his assists are the keeping his eyes open variety and not on set plays.

He should be interesting to watch.

6. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Chuck Hayes, Avery Johnson, Jose Calderon, Udonis Haslem, Raja Bell, Brad ****ING Miller, John Starks, Ben Wallace

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He played against garbage competition in a terrible league.

J'Covan Brown, baby fat and all, would school this scrub.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You don't think Jeffries was lifted to new heights in that two weeks!?

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This. Well played. Repped.

10. tofu--

tofu-- Member

remember reading he has some personality issues, does anyone know any details?

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If Machado is as good as Andre Miller then he will be the steal of the draft.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Parson's was one of our best two way players! Shooting woes went away at the middle/end of the season and he was a great finisher at the rim. And he was clutch too with not too many turnovers for a rookie.

13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I came into this thread to read about Scott Machado. It ended up being a Jeremy Lin thread. :confused:

14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Most points scored in the NBA in 5 starts.

15. psingh34

psingh34 Member

you are so right

signed,
    avery johnson, bruce bowen, john starks and ben wallace

16. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Don't make broad statements...

Cause you leave yourself open to being wrong most of the time.

And yes, I read your response that these players have major deficiencies in their game, so do most players in the draft.

17. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Dam you are one stupid guy.

18. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally think that it is way to early to start talking about this guys deficiencies. Wait until we see him play in the summer league before talking about his inadequacies please.

1 person likes this.
  20. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah, pretty sure the two biggest reasons why Lin didn't do well at the end of the season was because Melo was the main option again and he became the ball stopper... again. Not to mention Lin went against stiffer defenses. End the end Yaosdirtystache you put your foot in your mouth when you said undrafted rookies hardly ever pan out?

Why because all players in the draft have NO deficiencies right? They all come out of the draft with complete games is that your argument there?