1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

skydiving?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cloudng8, Jun 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

If I was dating a girl that wasn't happy unless I jumped out of an airplane, I would probably find a new girl.

;)

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I did an Accelerated Freefall (AFF) jump, 15 or so years ago. One long day of training, one no-strap jump. Highly recommend.

AFF

In most AFF programs, two instructors jump with the student during their first three AFF jumps, although some programs may use only one instructor. On the initial levels, the instructor(s) hold on to the student until the student deploys their own parachute. Hence, this method is classified as "Harness Hold Training." The AFF instructors have no physical connection to the student other than their grip on the student, so once the student's parachute is deployed the instructors fly away and deploy their own canopies.

3. Trip

Trip Member

I skydived in Vegas a couple summers ago, would highly recommend it. The feeling you get when freefalling is such a thrill and the scenery from up there was amazing.

I'm not sure how it would work in Houston but in Vegas they had two options, one to jump at 8000 feet and 15000 feet. The 15000 feet one was 20 bucks more expensive but I thought was totally worth it. Time flies when you're up there, so every extra second should be savored.