1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless top 10 NBA players!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Apr 15, 2011.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I don't live on food stamp like you do. And I am not cheap clown like you.
    I've paid my due the night Cavs lost 63 games, that's at least one week ago.
    I don't know why clutch didn't put me as a contributing member but feel free to check with him.

Now what? Are you gonna disappear from here? Not gonna happen. You are a shame for human being.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Jordan his higher PER and win shares for his career than LeBron.

Same with Duncan over Malone.

3. goodbug

Didn't Howard want to play with Kobe just a few months ago? So Bron Bron gets no love because he's a ballhog but how come players want to be with Kobe?

4. Mr. Clutch

LeBron gets FAR more assists than Kobe. He's a much better passer and not so much of a ballhog. He also shoots more efficiently.

5. goodbug

If you ballhog 20 seconds in every possession you are going to have a lot of assists, that's exactly what LeBron's doing. LeBron doesn't have much off-ball skills. He's pretty bad at post-up, he's pretty bad at C&S. Without ball he's just not gonna be effective.

There's a reason Cavs lost to underdog year after year. LeBron's a one trick pony. 1on1 or P&R from the top of the key isn't going to beat a good team in playoff.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac had a high usage rating and his highest assist total was 6.5. kobe always has had a high usage rating and his highest assist total was 6.

rose is 2nd to kobe this year in usage rating and he averages 7.8 assists (and he's the freakin' PG).

i don't know why you're arguing about lebron's passing skills.

and i don't even think you have seen lebron play this year with the heat. watch the boston game to see lebron's maturity and growth as a player.

7. Mr. Clutch

If you were right, your wallet wouldn't be $100 lighter.

Have you paid up yet?

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So u want us to watch the one game in boston but not the three he lost..... Typical lebron nuthugger. I think lebron is a great player the best talent in the league but im with everyone else, any good team can beat a lebron team his style is not as effective to me if ur in a 7 game series when the tempo slows down and dowsnt allow as many transition baskets. And to clippy ur right tryjng to compare kobe to lebron is rediculous ones a 5 time champ 2 finals mvp and a 15 yr vet while the other is a 2 time mvp no rings and is a 8th yr player in the prime of his career. The fact that ppl even consider kobe the better player should show u just how great a player he is I just dnt get the kobe hate from u

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yes, lebron's game has changed a lot since the beginning of the year till now. now he sets a tons of screens, plays off the ball, cuts, post up... and that's b/c he finally has the teammates that allows him to do that.

goodbug's ball knowledge isn't very good. the 2 bets i proposed were basically a given on who would win. i guess he can't stand that lebron that much.

1 person likes this.
  10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Skip Bayless takes a lot of heat, but he actually makes a lot of great points most of the time.

11. clippy

clippy Member

Well said. Although I must admit that I thought you were overly generous taking 20 wins for the Cavs, since that puts them in the trenches with the HISTORICALLY bad teams. Just shows you how amazing LBJ is, and conversely, how dumb his haters are.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

1) howard
    2) lebron
    3) wade
    4) rose
    5) kobe
    6) KD
    7) paul
    8) melo
    9) love
    10) griffin

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Skip is so awesome.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

When i say dominate the ball i mean 1v1 off the dribble play which is basically Lebron's game. Lebron doesn't come off of picks, nor does he post up very often. A lot more of Kobe's game is based off of post up plays and off screen plays than Lebron's is. Kobe does still have a lot of 1v1 plays but his overall offensive game is much more diverse than Lebron's. There is no reason for Lebron to not be one of the best post players in the game because he is alwats a mismatch no matter who is holding him outside of maybe Artest or G Wallace and even then it still probably is a mismatch in the post. Kobe can be successful and hurt you any many ways without having to go one on one and create his own shot.

I said his game doesn't fit that well with players that need the ball in their hands. On a team like the Cavs where everybody is a second or third option Lebron is going to make everyone better but you can't really win with a team built that way bc good teams are going to shut you down which was the case with the Cavs the last few years in the playoffs. FYI, the Wolves, not the Cavs, were the worst team in basketball this year.

if you ignore Kobe's post up game and his ability to shoot much better off of screens then sure him and Lebron have the same style of play but you would ignoring a big part of Kobe's game. Also, the point is that Kobe can and does run off screens when necessary especially at the end of the game which is why he is considered a better closer than Lebron bc you have to guard against that.

You can throw around Butler's name as if he was good back then but that wasn't the case. Butler was in his third year as a player and hadn't really come into his own. The guy had just come off a season in which he averaged 9/5/2 and had a decent season with the Lakers averaging 15/6/2. Butler didn't really take it to the next level until his second year in Washington. As far as Odom goes he is and always will be a player that is good when he wants to be but not somebody you can consistently depend on. The other starters on that team were Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm with their main bench players consisting of Jumaine Jones, Brian Cook, Tierre Brown, and Brian Grant. That team was absolute garbage.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

A 45% fg% in today's game for a score first guard is not low. KD only shot 46% from the field this year being mainly a jump shooter. There are 6 guards in the top 20 scorers this year. The only one that shoots a higher percentage than Kobe is Dwade and that is largely a product of him attacking the basic way more than almost any guard in the league. So apparently you believe that every good scoring guard in the league is a low percentage jump shooter and would probably have to consider KD and Melo as low percentage shooters bc their averages are around the same.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Wtf does Duncan have to do to get a mention?

The Spurs are #1 in the West.

17. clippy

clippy Member

This is a myth.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/12/lebron-james-evolving-post-game/

So LeBron has taken about half as many shots in the post as Kobe, but with far better efficiency. This is natural considering that he's a much better driver than Kobe and that should be his first option. However, should he be in a system (like the triangle) that would put a higher percentage of his touches in the post, he'd be much more effective there than Kobe.

Where are you getting the idea that a lot of Kobe's points come off screens? That isn't, nor ever has been, the case. Really the only thing offensively that Kobe does better than LeBron is make difficult shots. He's worse from close range, worse from mid range, and, I think, worse from long range. There is not a single team in the NBA that would do better with Kobe instead of LeBron.

He may be considered a better closer than LeBron but he isn't, at least not by the numbers. The reason Kobe gets so many accolades is that he occasionally makes some amazing last second difficult shots, like he did the other night. However, you also have to factor in that for every one of these shots he makes, he misses five more (literally, he was 0-5 on difficult shots before the three the other night).

As far as screens go, I was under the impression you were talking about a quick catch-and-shoot, Ray Allen style. Kobe is not known for this. He will have the ball and use a screen to get a shot off (like he did the other night), but that's what every good offensive player, including LeBron, does.

It wasn't a good team but it was no better than the team LeBron took to the Finals. It was basically a typical team that non-marquee superstars have around them for most of their careers. I'm a Clipper fan and I can tell you that that team, minus Kobe, was basically what the Clippers had the year they drafted Odom. It sucked, but no worse than this year's Cavs did. So Kobe can take a team like that to 40 wins; LeBron can take them to 60.

18. clippy

clippy Member

It's a horrible percentage when you consider the options on his team. When you have two giants in the frontline you shouldn't be shooting at a rate of 45%. But Kobe has to get his. He always shoots between 44-46%. He did with Shaq. He did with scrubs. He did with Gasol. He even did on the freakin' Olympics where all of his teammates shot over 50%. The guy needs to learn that not being the MAN is ok when you have better options around you.

Tell me, how is Kobe any better then Monta Ellis?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I can't believe why you have a problem with shooting at the 45% especially when you are the go to scorer. Their FG% gets dwindled every game because whenever their set offence dies, and the clock is down, the ball ALWAYS goes to Kobe for a bail out, it's hard to dump it into the post when you have the shot clock down and someone fronting.

Same thing goes for Rose, almost every time they run out of options on offense it's ball in Rose is hands and he tries to take on 5 players.

20. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, except that's not how it works. Kobe shoots 45% because he goes into "hero ball" mode for long periods of every close game (just watch the 4th quarter of any of the games the Lakers played in the last two weeks). He will go 1-5, 2-10, etc. This has nothing to do with being a "bail out", since the offense starts and ends with Kobe when he is in this mode.