1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: Lin was the best player in Portland-Rox series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AkeemOlaDROwon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Those clips just broke my heart all over again. Ugh.

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The absolute best way to get that sweet, SWEET revenge would be to beat them the following season...I agree 100% I want to play them again, I want PAYBACK for the FLUKE that was last season (like when SA spanked MIA in the finals just 5 months ago).

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Man...the BSPN hate for Dwight Howard is unreal.

I mean come on!
    26pts, 13.7 boards, 55%fg, 3 blocks a game, complete domination over the Portland bigs and somehow 21% 3pt shooting Lin was the BAMF of the series for us.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dwight was the Rockets' best player. Aside from his bricked free throws in Game 1 which arguably cost them that game, he did great the rest of the series.

Lin was quite possibly the worst player in the series(at least out of the ones who got significant playing time). He was pretty good in Game 1 and terrific in Game 5. Otherwise he was dreadful the rest of the time and cost the Rockets Game 4 with that turnover and nearly cost them Game 3 with the horrible bricked layup that led to a Portland 3-pointer.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was in Game 2. I'd forgotten about that. Despite playing a horrible 2nd half, the Rockets managed to get the Portland lead down to 3 with around 30-31 seconds left. All they had to do was play solid defense and get the rebound and they'd have a shot to tie the game and send it to OT(which given the way that entire series played out, could very well have happened).

But then Lin had to go and basically kill any chance they had at tying the game by intentionally fouling the Blazers and sending them to the line. You could see McHale on the sideline ready to explode when that happened.

BTW, just to show how even when Lin does something right, it doesn't work out, recall that late in Game 6 he banked in a 3-pointer that damn near would've put the game away....if not for Omer Asik committing an offensive foul that negated the shot.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

skip bayless
    hahaha
    what a joke

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Most responsible for Portland series win.

1. Lin
    2. McHale
    3. the rest

1 person likes this.
  9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

Skip Bayless be like...JOE LOUIS IS 137 YEARS OLD!!
    [​IMG]

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do see what you are saying. The clock management was horrible.

But at the same time, if Lin makes that shot - which was totally makable, people would be complimenting him on his aggressiveness and catching the Blazers sleeping on their heels.

It was a risky thing to do in that situation none the less.

11. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

Lin is not a Rocket anymore, this goes to the dish.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Bayless can't be that mindless.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

jesus get over it.....did Bev not blow the same game where Lin had his "costly turnover?" Rockets down 3 he basically dribbled into 2 blazers and lost the ball, they didnt even get a shot off at the buzzer.

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Pat was pretty much sick for the entire series and played like crud.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lin making those costly errors was even harder for me to swallow because I had been saying for more than year that you cannot trust Lin with the ball in critical games. The warning signs were there a year earlier against OKC when he played limited minutes with the the deer in the headlights look.

If anything Rockets were generous in trusting Lin with the ball in the playoffs despite the major concern. It came to bite them in the ass though.

Jeremy Lin has only one gear, and that is "go go go all the time". As a PG you have to settle down and slow it down depending on the situation. Lin cannot do that. The main reason he cannot slow it down is because of his poor handles which leads to him to panic. He always tries to get away from his man/pressure defense because he knows that if he slows it down, he is going to be stripped. So, he charges ahead to get away, but he loses it anyways. Ugh.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I always kinda felt sorry for Skip playing the bad guy, but come on now. This is just idiotic.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

nobody believes that. even LAL fans, after watching Lin, would believe that.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Did someone say Bev was the best player in the series? :confused:

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just now?

I wasn't aware he had any credibility when it came to the Rockets, Sports in general, Journalism, integrity, etc

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Absolutely rediculous.

Only thing I agree with him on is the whole Floyd/Manny thing. Apart from that he's just playing a character to play off Screamin A