1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: Lin was the best player in Portland-Rox series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AkeemOlaDROwon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Ugghhhhhhh.....

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He blew a wide open layup. To me that's what I cringe at.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lin was a consummate professional. I hope he retires a Rocket.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Seems legit.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skip Bayless makes Stephen A Smith look credible

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Didn't Lin also have a bad moment late in Game 1, too? I think he had a backcourt violation or some type of avoidable late game turnover that gave Portland life when they were down.

That Portland series was just a waste of energy, though. I mean, we should have blown the Blazers out in 5 games yet we kept making horrible decisions in the fourth quarter. I think every game we had a double digit lead late in the 3rd or in the 4th quarter. Waste.

Regarding Skip, he is a major troll and he will say anything to discredit the Rockets and Howard, as both are in his line of fire for some reason. Probably angry his "hometown" Thunder gave up Harden or that Houston swept his "beloved" Spurs.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I am so glad he is not wearing a Rockets uniform anymore.

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

ahahhahaa

not game 4

Bayless is a paid troll.

Dude literally gets paid to troll

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Skip isn't embarrased to sound like an idiot.

I guess I wouldn't if ESPN was paying me

Hope he sleeps well.

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

You could, that is true, but if we lost the series as a result of any single player, the blame rests with Harden, not Lin. Not so much for what Harden did, but what he didn't do.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Your thinking is probably what his thinking was. It wasn't like he had a wide open shot -- he took off in a dead sprint trying to beat three guys (and a fourth hanging back on defense) between him and the basket, not thinking the situation through. The truth is clock management in a situation like that is a chess game. It's about limiting possessions with a lead. The Rockets could have taken the game clock to 31-32 seconds left, at best with a 5-to-6 point back-breaking advantage or at worst still holding that three-point lead. Barring the crazy, the overwhelming odds are your worst case scenario is Portland hits a three to tie and you have the final shot to win or go to overtime. This threw that advantage away and put the Rockets 4-on-5 on defense, where Batum quickly hit the three. Everything changed after that.

I said it then ... horrible, horrible decision. He got some redemption in overtime when he quickly picked up that loose ball and found Daniels for the game-winning three, but these are the kind of mistakes that make Jeremy Lin a major risk on the floor.

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

Lin was probably the worst on the floor LOL there is no evidence whatsoever to back up Skips' claim

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

He fouled one of Portland's guards (I think Lillard) when they were up 3 with about 28 seconds left in the game -- meaning Houston did not have to foul to get the ball back with the chance to tie. That foul essentially sealed the game for Portland.

Honestly by my count having Jeremy Lin in that series over lets say a guy like Jason Terry or Isiah Canaan playing those minutes would have probably tipped 1-2 games in Portland's favor.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Painful to watch. I know I'm coming across as a homer but that series was one of the few seven game series I've seen where the better team not only lost but did it in less than seven games.

Outside of Dwight, the series could not have gone worse for Houston while the opposite happened with Portland. Aldridge looking like the best player to ever walk the planet in the first two games, 50/50 balls went their way, Harden handed them the worst post-season of his career and Lin gift-wrapped two games for them. Anywhere but the bizzaro-world where that series took place, the Rockets take it in five...six games tops.

I would absolutely love to meet Portland again in the playoffs this season.

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I had purged these plays from my memory. This just pissed me off all over again.

At least Lin is gone, though. Thank the gods for that.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good god thats painful as hell to watch

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exactly. And to think he went to Harvard LOL. It was a bone head decision for sure.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skip made this up in his head

Reminds of when Shaq made up this crap

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XLBk4W8ZjMU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shaq said they had 17 days off:

Indiana Pacers at Orlando Magic , June 4, 1995

Houston Rockets at Orlando Magic , June 7, 1995

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Skip Bayless "I did not watch the Portland Rockets Series"

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member