1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless is Leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by juicystream, Apr 26, 2016.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And the crazy money they've spent on TV contracts. Of course, this move can only increase the quality of their programming, but I'm sure they will put somebody else awful on there.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell yes, count me in.

DD

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Will be interesting to watch Nick Wright and Skip go at it.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ESPN ****ing sucks.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

ESPN is only going to rapidly fall apart...Or continue to hire people from the Oakland/Bay Area...

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

But you are the skip bayless of clutchfans.

For that matter FTW is our screamin A.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man, failing upward.

The quality of the programming on ESPN really is pathetic. They (frankly like many other channels) have decided it's best to pander to the lowest common denominator. Stupid people are the majority, not the minority.

PTI and the occasional 30 for 30 are literally the only non sporting events I watch on ESPN. I almost never watch sport center or shows like Baseball Tonight, and I used to check those nightly. They are investing money in new sets, and crappy personnel.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

ESPN is hemorrhaging subscribers and talent (don't like Bayless, but he had a talent for drawing an audience)

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

ESPN should hire a Screaming A Smith clone. Watching 2 dudes screaming at each other while emphasising every other word...lulz. Would be fantastic for about a minute or two before I switch to something else.

10. Indaface

Indaface Member

ESPN pretty much was ruined by PTI. They saw what worked so well on PTI (two dudes discussing/arguing) and expanded that into every other show.

Problem is PTI's success was because both guys were likable and it was more like two legit friends just going back and forth which most people can relate to.

Now every time you put that channel on it's two schmucks just shooting off with hot takes back and forth and it's a total **** show to hardcore sports fans but the casuals eat it up.

I stick to their live sports and 30 for 30's nowadays.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<video width="640" height="360" controls="controls"><source src="https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/c94r.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

12. dragician

dragician Member

Hire Jay Pharoah.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I can't believe people still actually watch ESPN for anything other than live sports. Their 30 for 30 is legit, but you can stream most of those anyways, so there's no reason to tune into that **** station.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same. I have PTI set to DVR every day but I only watch it every once in a while, and when I do I fast forward through 80% of it. I probably mostly watch it just because I've been on-and-off watching it since it debuted.

Everything else other than the live sports? Absolute garbage. I'd rather have the TV off and stare at the blank screen.

15. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

This. Love watching Tony and Wilbon, more so when the latter is on set, but that's it.

16. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

you guys do realize First Take was ESPN's number 1 show? Losing Skip is a massive blow to the network

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hate on him all you want (I used to before I realized it was a shtick), but you gotta admit he's entertaining. That show definitely won't be the same.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

There are some good up and comers on ESPN though. Mostly woman. That short haired black girl is a good listen. She is smart. And feisty. Jamel is smart too, but not as combative. Think they will actually broaden the show too as Skip and Smith are limited in their scope.

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Kate Fagen?

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Not a fan of Skip`s and I hated First Take. I like PTI but that's about it, I stopped watching Mike and Mike last year because the promos and teasers were out of control. I do like to listen to SVP but now he is on so late