1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Skillzlab] T-Mac: Week 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Sep 9, 2009.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

LOL. Nice response.
    Yeah, I agree with you.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think we can win more than 40 games even if McGrady comes back,he is not T-Mac anymore. The rest of the guys will try hard, but we have no chance of making it to the playoffs expect in the unlikely event of seeing Tracy making a big impact over a very long regular season.

3. ThaBlackKnight

At this point, without Yao for atleast 5-6 months, this is our only hope to be honest.

From what I saw in the videos, I think Tmac will still be effective. He won't be high flying anymore and won't be as fast, but he still has skills, and if he is playing injury free and pain free, his confidence goes up.

Plus his shooting did improve last year, so he may be able to adapt his game to where he won't have to rely on his athleticism so much and will be able to play off the ball more and make plays when the play breaks down or the clock is running down.

But, we just don't know how good he will be honestly...we'll find out in a couple of months for sure.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's a great post. I agree with it.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

50 games is reasonable with McGrady.

6. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

you know what i will take that, however i tend to believe mcgrady will still be able to get above the rim this year, it might take him a few games, but like you said, as long as he is pain free the rust is not damage, just something he has to shake off, and gain his confidence

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If McGrady comes back healthy and stays healthy, we cant get 50 wins. Our role players are just too good and if he can maintain a 20/5/5 line, we'll be fine.

We'll see in the playoffs though.

8. thino

thino Contributing Member

truth. settle for what we got and be optimistic about it. the end.

9. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Amen brother...

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

If Tracy comes in and wants to take 30 plus jumpers a game we're in trouble. Without Yao, if Tracy can't play defense we're in trouble. To me the most solid thing we have going for us is the consistency and hustle of Scola, Battier, Brooks and Trevor. Pinning our hopes on Tracy will lead to nothing but other let down. IMO the Tracy boat has sailed. Let him come in, show some value and send him packing. He won't be able to run with the rest of the team, he won't be getting to the basket and if he's sub par on defense, while taking 30 shots from the outside? He won't be running Ricks offense.

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

when was the last time you saw t-mac take 30 shots?, please mcgrady has become to passive the last couple of years. People want him to be this team player(which he shows) yet when they look at how his scoring avg has dropped year after year, they will explain how he is no longer the player he once was.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Exactly. Plus this team won 22 games year ago under McGrady.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

only another month people, then you can see it for yourself at training camp. just stop the speculation.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Any video updates been posted yet, or is the last one still "week 6"?

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i hope he's sarcastic. tracy would be one of the last "star" guys in the league to be taking 30 shots lol. hell, he averaged 13 shots last year playing 33 minutes a game. but i guess tracy critics just reverse the numbers to 31 and round it to 30.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I belive that's how it is and there have been no videos yet. Week 6 must be the latest one.