1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers 'gauging interest' in Jahlil Okafor trades

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Too bad we haz no assets...

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

The Rockets already have one no-D black hole- why add another in Okafor?

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Yeah, I'd be interested in Noel, but Okafor would just compound our biggest issue. No thanks.

4. Fantasma Negro

What exactly are their glaring weaknesses?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For starters, Okafor is a terrible defender in every way, and Noel has no offense at all.

6. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Surely Boston has to be all over this, Okafor to Boston for pick 3 plus an addition. Makes sense to me, Boston get a player who will fit beautifully and Philly can pick Simmons and Dunn. What is thrown in on top from Boston would be interesting.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i'm not sure...Ainge will do his best to acquire an all star via trade to go into free agency with a chance to attract other top players. That's why i don't see the Celtics interested in Okafor but...if they'll not be able to trade and sign top players, they may want to build a young team, and at that point i can see them going after Okafor, even though i'm not sure what they can offer to the Sixers...they have a lot of picks and a couple of young and cheap role players, but i think the Sixers are not interested in picks at this point, probably they want proven players.

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

I wonder if the D'Antoni signing could help Okafor to Houston. I can't really see what assets we could possibly give for him but D'Antoni was a former coach of his. Maybe there is mutual interest there?

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Apparently they were after him at the trade deadline so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted him now also. He could work in Boston bc of how good their perimeter D is. They got by with Sullinger and Olynyk in the middle at times so I don't see how Okafor would be any worse. They should trade the #3 for him. Philly takes their combo of Simmons/Murray or Ingram/Dunn.

10. rockets13champs

Tjones for Okafor straight up

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

His post-game is absolutely beautiful. I love watching him play. As he matures, that footwork will only get better.

I'd definitely take a look at him.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i remember the rumors, but it's hard to tell if they were true or was just Hinkie trying to gain some interest from others.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, not sure if/how he fits with Harden but yeah, i'd definitely trade for him if possible (and not too expensive).

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is enough for me
    Sign me up!

Rocket River

15. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

We have no chance unfortunately, just don't have the assets outside of Harden.

16. basketballholic

He's not a fit here. We want less post-ups than we have now. We're more interested in Knucklehead Nerlens.

17. Fantasma Negro

Ariza and a future first for Okafor would work, maybe we could get Covington back in the exchange

18. Fantasma Negro

If Nerlens can put on some muscle and work on a midrange shot he would fit the D'Antoni center mold. We don't have the assets for Okafor even though watching his footwork in the post is reminiscent of Dream. This team is going to run so that fits Noel and we have the assets to get that done, shoot I think Montrezl and a second could do it

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Okafor's talent and upside has become severely underrated. This narrative that he will never be a good defender at the 5 is crazy. The guy was a rookie. He's got the size. He's more athletic than he looks.

I see similarities to a young Marc Gasol. Nobody wants to think about what Jahlil could be once he figures out the NBA game and learns to create not just for himself but his teammates. He's got the natural bbiq we rarely see in big men.

The off the court stuff overshadowed his wow this kid is going to be good moments he had on the court. If the Rockets can get him without giving up Harden it would be a great pickup but I have a feeling that Colangelo will look to do a Okafor for a guard swap. The Rockets have little to offer there.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Okay. I will always root for the Rockets, but it will be easier to do so after we get rid of Haren, the man who got the entire d outta the team.