1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 31, 2013.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obamacare enrollments got off to very slow start, documents show

(CBS News) WASHINGTON - For 31 days now, the Obama administration has been telling us that Americans by the millions are visiting the new health insurance website, despite all its problems.

But no one in the administration has been willing to tell us how many policies have been purchased, and this may be the reason: CBS News has learned enrollments got off to an incredibly slow start.

Early enrollment figures are contained in notes from twice-a-day "war room" meetings convened within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services after the website failed on Oct. 1. They were turned over in response to a document request from the House Oversight Committee.

The website launched on a Tuesday. Publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours. But at a meeting Wednesday morning, the war room notes say "six enrollments have occurred so far."

They were with BlueCross BlueShield North Carolina and Kansas City, CareSource and Healthcare Service Corporation.

By Wednesday afternoon, enrollments were up to "approximately 100." By the end of Wednesday, the notes reflect "248 enrollments" nationwide.

The health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of seven million by March 1. The war room notes give a glimpse into some of the reasons customers had problems:

"Direct enrollment (signing up directly on an insurer's website) is not working for any issuers."
    "Experian" credit reporting agency is "creating confusion with credit check information."
    "Issuer phone numbers are not appearing correctly on the Pay Now page."
    Issa subpoenas Sebelius for HealthCare.gov documents
    Sebelius: "Hold me accountable for the debacle" of HealthCare.gov
    Complete Coverage: Obamacare Kicks Off

The notes leave no doubt that some enrollment figures, which the administration has chosen to keep secret, are available.

"Statistics coming in," said notes from the very first meeting the morning of Oct. 2. Contractor "QSSI has a daily dashboard created every night."

But head of CMS Marilyn Tavenner would not disclose any figures when Rep. Dave Camp, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, asked earlier this week.

"Chairman Camp, we will have those numbers available in mid-November," she said.

Health and Human Services told CBS News Thursday it's in no position to confirm or discuss enrollment figures because it doesn't have any. A spokesman suggested the numbers obtained by CBS News may not include all the different ways to enroll, such as paper applications. The spokesman also said that enrollment figures in Massachusetts' health care plan started off negligible but then skyrocketed as a deadline neared.

HealthCare-Gov.pdf by CBSPolitics

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...enrollment-numbers-very-small-documents-show/

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So the data on enrollments was available. What a shock. The Obama administration tells yet another lie.

3. rudan

rudan Member

I'm going to love seeing the sheep defend this one :p

[​IMG]

4. esteban

esteban Member

How do you lefties raise your children if you can't even explain when your president is lying to the American people.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

they know he is lying mc mark and many others justification is that it is okay to lie to the people as long as its for the greater good.

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

What about enrollments done by other methods? Why is there such a big deal being made about the website?

7. TheresTheDagger

Because......

SIX!!!!!!!!!

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You mean that there are WMD in Iraq?

9. esteban

esteban Member

Sooner or later another lefty will take the bait and blame Bush. Thanks for playing....now go and try a little harder.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Starting a senseless war is not equal to trying to start a new health care system and having problems. It is actually worse.

11. arno_ed

All presidents lie to the people. It is the sad truth. However some lies are a bit more damaging than others.

Understand, I'm not a Obama Fan. I disagree with enough things he does. However compared to Bush he is brilliant. Healthcare is something I agree with him on.

It is sad how terrible the website of Obamacare is working. If only the republicans wouldn't have been so stupid to shut the government down they would have won a lot of votes with this.

If I was American I would probably vote democrat, but only because there is no better option. The 2 party system is a flawed system that creates more problems than it solves.

12. bigtexxx

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is what happens when a foreigner is duped by foreign media, which is so very biased.

"Healthcare is something you agree on"?: The democrats aren't the only ones who "want healthcare". It's their plan that sucks so bad.

"Shut down the government"? 83% of the government remained running, and the employees all got backpay, so really it was a paid vacation.

13. bigtexxx

If you would like to join an American political discussion as a lefty, here's the instruction manual Obama uses:

[​IMG]

14. arno_ed

LOL.
    Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean they are misinformed. I'm curious to hear more about your believed biased foreign media. What is your opinion on why they are biased?

You know it is called a government shutdown, right. You can call it all you want it doesn't change what is was, and it also doesn't change how the American public responded to it. Even you have to agree that it was a stupid political move (not saying they are right or wrong to oppose to Obamacare).

Like I have said before, there are many things Obama does that I disagree with. But it is clear for most people in the world, that many republican politicians did not want to work with him on anything. Of course in a 2 party system you get this polarization. Both parties do not want to work with a president from the other parties. Both parties are just as bad. However With Obama it was even worse than before IMHO.

15. arno_ed

You are right that this happens a lot, but like I said both parties are just as bad. The difference is you just agree with one party more, so it doesn't bother you as much when they do it (and for many left people it is the other way around).

16. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

this is fairly typical of tech ventures: given how the servers actually crashed, I'm surprised any went through at all.

I think once they patch up the legacy server issues, and bring a better front-end look to it, it will become a lot smoother.

And they're helped with urgent deadlines pushing people through, and well, government force LOL.

They need some growth hacker help though, a Neil Patel or somesuch to increase conversion rates.

I don't think this is worrying at all, personally, given the raw traffic coming through.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The rollout of the website has been a disaster, BUT, it's incredibly overplayed.

I'd like to see numbers from the carriers about what their 1-1 enrollments look like outside of the website. Like I've said a million times, if you aren't getting a subsidy, there is no advantage to you to go through healthcare.gov. It's a burdensome website and application process that ultimately will kick you back to the exact same rates you can get without going through all that.

Call a health broker and tell them to run you some 1-1 numbers, fill out an app through the carrier website and be done in 10 minutes. The exchange is only useful for people below 400% of federal poverty level that have no access to affordable coverage through an employer.

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Why exactly are you highlighting the number of enrollments the day after launch?

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Poor haters.

Poll: More Americans Want To Keep Or Expand Obamacare Than Repeal It

[​IMG]

A solid majority of the public (60 percent) say they oppose the idea of cutting off funding as a way to stop the law from being implemented, and a higher share would like to see Congress expand the law or keep it as is (47 percent) rather than repeal it (37 percent). Partisan divisions are as deep as ever, with four in ten Democrats saying the want Congress to expand the law, and a similar share of Republicans (42 percent) wanting to see the law repealed and not replaced.