1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Six Feet Under

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by outlaw, Aug 21, 2001.

1. outlaw

outlaw Member

I'm too lazy to find the old thread.

Anyway, what did you guys think of the season finale?
    I thought it was 2 great hours of television.
    the opening scene with the hate crime was hard for me to watch.
    And the ghost haunting David was really spooky.
    Nate looked great with his haircut. I thought he was gonna have an anuerism at the end of the episode. I'm glad he didn't.
    I'm glad the Brenda and Billy thing was finally resolved. It was getting a little old. The Ruth and Claire storylines were also interesting.

Season 2 will be in March. That's too long to wait!

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It was a great 2 hours. I'm glad that there were no real cliffhangers, but they really did leave some interesting dangling plot lines...

Gabe is likely going to prison or is going to die - that cryptic "he'll be joining me soon" from the dad in Claire's dream was odd.

The mom (never can remember her name) now has the Russian. Remember her dead husband saying, "My money is on the Russian." ?

Rico pushed the wierd anti-gay thing but then kept asking about being a partner.

David looks like he could get back with the cop and he's finally out for good. Good for him!

Nate has the brain thing and hasn't told anyone. Interesting.

Billy was really nice to Brenda, but did anyone else get the feeling he was saying, "Goodbye."?

The dad heading up the stairs at the end of the show looks like he could be gone next season. Seemed like a fitting goodbye.

Plenty of good twists and turns to set us up for March, but no cliffhangers, which I absolutely HATE. It's going to be a long wait. Guess I'll just have to make due with the new Star Trek series! :)

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Great two hours, but I don't like how their previews tease certain things. That applies to all HBO shows not just 6 feet under. I tuned in totally expecting Nate and Billy to fight, and that certainly wasn't the case. I don't like to be teased I guess.

I liked the finale, but I wished certain things would have ended up differently. I think Claires boyfriend should have died in this season. I don't care for him.

Overall, a great show, lots of irony. I look forward to next season.

4. gr8-1

Jeff, I guess the dad was a soothsayer, that's very interesting. The mom and Russian thing was a mini-swerve I guess.

Did Federico really seem anti-gay?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Federico seemed more "uncomfortable" than anti-gay. I got the impression that hearing about homosexuality gave him the "heebie-jeebies". It was interesting that they seemed to make a big deal about it, but then it was like the confrontation never occurred during the rest of the 2 episodes.

I found David's acting remarkable during the run of the series. I am not in tune with the gay lifestyle, but from the limited perspective I have, he seemed to capture it well, especially considering that he seems to have this huge inner conflict. I found his acting even more remarkable when I read that he was not gay in real life, nor is Keith.

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

gr8-1, didn't Federico make a comment that challenged David's manhood? I can't remember what he said, I merely remember David's reply 'I am a Man'. He also made comments suggesting that it was abnormal/sick "where I'm from if guys have to do that stuff, they {go and do it secretly}", perhaps playing up to the stereotypical machismo of the latino culture.

For some reason, I always though Federico knew...

Anyway,

that kid was freakey. I didn't really have time to watch the second episode, but I'm glad that I did. The way the first episode ended... w/ David loathing himself, was sad.

The best parts of the show(s) were 1) David's speech to the congregation 2) when David started beating up the fundamentalists @ the funeral procession and 3) when Nikolai gave Mom the bounch-che-che-bouw-bouw.

Was it weird that Keith was asked to work the funeral? I thought nothing of it.

Jeff, I find your conclusion about Billy & Brenda interesting. I thought that he was playing her. I was half reading/half watching during that snippet, so hopefully I can rewatch that tonight(?).

Billy has problems. A nice/normal relationship wouldn't be much of a storyline for tv... but how many of you would give Brenda longer than 6 mos? He should have gotten past the psycho-needy stage of his life... oh by 23. :)

7. gr8-1

bobrek, I can't believe they aren't gay. I just assumed they were. They were great in the movie.

Would you guys do a gay scene to get in a movie?

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

yes

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

10. Achebe

LOL!

outlaw,
    There's a guy that works on movies here in Salt Lake always @ the Coffee Garden(where I try to get some software written w/o my kitties on my keyboard). He's a gay sugerdaddy (and he's hot! lol). Tons of young gay bunnies crowd the guy. At first I thought that some of them were faking just to get into the movie, but I found out otherwise.

( my link doesn't work. :( )

Anyway, I overheard the guy talking about a Danny Glover (dir) movie that he's been working on here in Salt Lake. When I heard the name 'Danny Glover' of course I played the game... "would I?". "Could I sleep my way to the top".

Unfortunately the answer is a 'no'.

When you see me next summer in my first major motion picture, I'd like you to know that I got the job entirely on merit.

11. outlaw

outlaw Member

there's gay people in Utah?

12. Achebe

are you kidding? everybody in Utah is gay.

13. bobrek

14. Achebe

oops, my wife just told me that I've been hanging out at a very gay friendly coffee shop. My experience w/ gay Utahns isn't representative of the entire Utah population.

(ps, just going to any lengths possible to end the Utah hate... one poster at a time, hahaha).

15. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

16. buffalospeedway

yeah, this show really grew on me.

i'm also stoked that i can watch the sopranos from the beginning. i just got hbo this year, so i missed the early stuff.

17. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I am so upset that I missed the finale. Does anyone know when it will reair?

18. bobrek

HBO reairs them during the week. They should be on at least 2 more itmes this week. Check your local HBO listings.

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

it's on tonight (WED) at 8 pm Houston time. 2 hour finale.

20. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Thanks, I knew that HBO ususally reairs stuff but I didn't know when they would.