1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Site Update???

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by AlexVanderpool, Oct 18, 2003.

1. AlexVanderpool

Is the Clutchcity.com site going to be updated anytime soon? I can understand that Jeff may be busy, but this is ridiculous. This website is hands down the BEST Rockets website on the net, but without any updates, that will not be the case for long.

I have been frequenting this site since the mid nineties, and it is unparalled as for as Rockets info. This is the longest time, sans the off-season, that I can remember without an update. Im not trying to be rude, I just wanna know, what gives?

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That was funny.

1) The site isn't ClutchCity.com. It's ClutchCity.net.

2) I am not Jeff. Jeff is not Clutch. Jeff does not run ClutchCity.net. I do. It's a common mistake some people have made since "Save Our Rockets", but it's the equivalent of saying Clutch Van Gundy coaches the Rockets.

I'm real busy right now. I'll be updating when the season starts.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

thx for clearin it up clutch. 1 more question who the hell is MR. CLutch

4. AlexVanderpool

Well, thanks for the speedy reply and the corrections...(I always wondered about that Jeff, Clutch thing.)

Looking forward to reading your articles once the season starts...dont get me wrong, I love the bbs, but the same monotonous drivel written by the same bitter users, who leap at the chance to jump down a person's throat for making a simple mistake or heaven forbid create a thread similar to one already created five days ago, can get boring after a while...

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, why don't you just increase the average quality level of posts on the bbs by contributing more, for a start. I don't think Clutch or the other posters owe you anything, which is the attitude displayed in your post.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Jerry West.

7. frankblack

frankblack Contributing Member

the guy is right - here - let me save some of you some time - I'll just go ahead and post your posts for you

"this is already being discussed in another thread rookie"

"locking this thread in three....two.....one...."

"oh god please - let the season start soon"

"why don't you look before you start a whole other thread"

"another rookie comes in and disrespects the rules"

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

frankblack

we can tell how much you must despise us

you are still here.
    :rolleyes:

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think all 28 of his posts have been "rage against the machine" type posts. :)

10. drapg

drapg Member

What are you trying to say, Alex?

11. AlexVanderpool

I don’t know which post you re reading Jackie, but I never tried to imply that the posters of cc.net owed me anything. If you can’t take a little constructive criticism, don’t jump to foolish conclusions.

The majority of you guys use the CC.net BBS as you secret little hangout, where inside jokes and BS trade proposals reign supreme. That is all good and well, for it is exactly what a forum should be and from time to time it can be very entertaining.

On myself contributing more, I would love to, but it just seems as though whenever I or anyone else creates a serious post, it is generally passed over for the next Moochie Norris for Elton Brand "trade accepted" thread.

The purpose of my post was to urge Clutch not to stop publishing his articles and insight in favor of the BBS. I myself am looking for Rockets updates and inside news the way that only Clutch can and has delivered in the past.

And Dr Apg: take what you want with that "bitter" comment.
    ;)

12. ACrocketsfan

ACrocketsfan Member

Thank you Clutch for replying to the Q about updates. I had been wondering when updates would start. I know you are very busy and want to thank you for the great job you have done over the years. Looking forward to the regular season.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You can just sense some threads are not going to be received well, especially when the opening post mentions the wrong name as the owner of the site.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm glad Clutch mentioned that I'm not him and he's not me. That mistake happens so often, maybe we should start a new forum called "Jeff Isn't Clutch."

or jeffisnotclutch.com

:D

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh, good. Another "senior members are a bunch of meanies" thread...

Haven't seen that before. :rolleyes:

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now this is really confusing. There is Clutch. And there is Mr. Clutch. How about Clutch the bear? Now somebody says Jeff is Clutch. And are we on Clutchcity.com or Jeffcity.net or nothingbut.net? :confused:

You think you'll have to be a Rocket scientist to get all these things straight!

:D

17. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

haha! ROCKET scientist! get it... LOL

18. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

Jeff is not Clutch AND...

I am not Jeff Van Gundy.... It's Jeff FROM Vandy....

:cool:

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's Easy. :D

20. drapg

drapg Member

Alex is too demanding.