1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Single hardest activity in sports?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jayzers_100, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Imagine all that...ON ICE. Figure skating is a beast

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Paddling in Teahupoo.

3. Buck Turgidson

What you're not showing is the knuckleballs that don't knuckle, and float up to the plate like slow pitch softball, and then get put into orbit somewhere around Mars.

Is is harder to throw a proper KB or to hit one?

4. Buck Turgidson

I can fathom it. I can't ****ing do it, but I can fathom how deficient I am.

5. droxford

droxford Member

Conquering basic golf swing mechanics.

AFTER you've done that, you can shape shots, attack pins, avoid hazards, play well from hazards, use different clubs for different situations, change your game strategy based on where you stand against your opponents, and many other things...

... but first you must conquer the basic mechanics of a golf swing, which takes practice, time, and money.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Update: been hitting a lot of serves during covid era. I’m very consistent now so I withdraw my opinion. The learning curve was steep though

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m still afraid to pole vault.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of good choices here. I almost died surfing once so I agree that that is pretty hard. I've heard some commentators say that hitting a homerun off of an MLB pitcher is one of the hardest things. Hitting a long putt in the Masters is one of the hardest things mentally to do. Gymnastics takes an amazing amount of physical ability and mental focus. All of that said this is my choice:

Wingsuit is amazing and insane. It takes a lot of physical fitness often just to get to the launching point, then physical ability to control the flight, incredible mental acuity and focus, plus cojones the size VW Beetles to do it. One tiny mistake and you're a wet spot on the side of the mountain.
    A few years ago there was a 60 Minutes story on this and a week after shooting one of the featured jumpers died.