1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Since Parsons was at the Dwight meeting, does that make him untouchable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is a business 1st, so no one is untouchable..If Parson improves his game even more this season, he will want a nice fat pay day...Teams will tossing out the moolah,,question is will the Rockets match the offer????

2. Raven

Raven Member

Except that LMA has played over 500 games, so it's doubtful that he's going to get much better. Compare that to Parsons who's only played around 150 games and still has plenty of room for improvement.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Take off your homer glasses. What do you say we can offer for LMA? Please don't tell me Asik and Lin would be enough. POR will hang up the phone like yesterday.

4. 757

757 Member

I wouldn't think he is untouchable, but I sure as hell don't think we should trade him (unless we get insane value back obviously). I would touch him though, for sure.

5. dragician

dragician Member

use common sense peepz.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

And why would they want Parsons if they have Batum?

7. Raven

Raven Member

Asik and Parsons is too much.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

1. Because Parsons is the only asset we can offer that POR may be interested in.
    2. Parsons has the best contact in the league. I'm sure no team would mind having him even though they may not need him.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chandler Parsons is not "untouchable." But it would take one heck of a deal for the Rockets to part with him.

10. Know Your Role

To answer the Op's question, cue the picture of Morey looking back at the camera from courtside.

11. conquistador#11

he is our biggest asset. who doesn't want a star, if you think josh smith is a star so is parsons, for a cheap price.

12. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

I like Parsons as much as the next guy, but seriously... some people here are overrating him to ridiculous levels. He's most likely going to be a solid role player, not a star.

LaMarcus Aldridge is at worst a Top 4 player at his position. I don't think Parsons will ever be anywhere near Top 4 at his position. I see him having a Wally Szczerbiak type career. A solid role player who may eventually sneak into an All-Star game because better players got injured.

And I'm not so sure that Parsons has "plenty of room" to grow. He'll get better, but he's closer to his ceiling than people think. He played 4 full seasons in college, which is a rarity. He'll already be 25 years old when the season starts. In fact, he's older than Harden and only 3 years younger than LMA. And while Parson's stats looks good at 15.5/5.3/3.5, take into consideration the minutes he's logging. At over 36 minutes per game, his production is very decent but not exemplary. If he were getting those stats at 28 minutes per game, then I'd be impressed.

I would do Parsons/Asik for him in a heartbeat. But if Morey makes that offer this summer, the Blazers will laugh him off the negotiating table. Maybe next summer when LMA is entering his final season, Morey will be in a better position to negotiate.

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with that is to much for LMA.

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Couldn't have said it any better.

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Anyone that was in the meeting is more than likely safe from being touched unless some ridiculously good deal comes across. Everyone else is all game. Henc why Lin and Asik were not invited.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

What are you guys smoking? Asik+Parson+fillers is the definition of a equal value trade. LMA is arguably the best 4 in the NBA overall... and if you bring up LOVE, tell me more about his super healthy seasons in recent memory.

17. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's at same age and production as Lin last season per Morey. If lin's not worth 8 mil, Parsons is worth 5-6 mil but he'll get bigger contract...

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He and dwight are friends. Thats it.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes.....

20. SSP365

SSP365 Member

Parsons is untouchable because he's so touchable.

duh.