1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SinaRumor] Yao wants a 6-yr contract but Morey only gives 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mms, May 18, 2010.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Would be WAYYYYY too long of a contract for an injury prone center. Not smart!

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

4 years is 2 years too many for me...

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

AGGNrOX,

You need to take a break from this thread, I left it open so folks could discuss how much and what kind of contracts they felt was fair all things considered, adn you are just getting more and more pissed and if you dont dial it down I will lock this thread.

A structured contract with team options years at the end is the only fair thing considering how screwed the team would be if we are faced with yet another season ending injury.

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

Who??? I assume Smtill is code for Larry Smith, who filled in excellently for Dream due to being arguably the best rebounder in the game, as well as an excellent defender.

As for Yao, we need to "iso him" on the trading block, asap. Winning championships will increase the franchise's value infinitely more than re-signing a part time center. Besides, after all this time on the squad, if he gets traded, I'd like to think we'd still have a ton of ROCKET fans here and around the globe. Those that leave with him...well...can't say I'll miss ya...(not necessarily directed at you, choujie)

#104 verse, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

One smelly bait and all those stinky Yao hating fishes came out at full force. :grin:

Anyway, Sina has absolutely zero credibility to me so Im not taking this rumor seriously, at the same time I think a 3 year extension for Yao would be fair and acceptable.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've always loved Yao. I just love the Rockets a whole lot more.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

am i pissed? :eek: :confused:

i am not pissed at all. i just got confused. on one hand, ppl is dreaming on getting bosh so we have a team with bosh and yao and rox will immediately be a championship caliber team. on the other hand, they refuse to believe yao will be 100% back and will be the cornerstone of rox. they said they trust morey but they refuse to believe what morey believes.

don't you see the contradiction?

it is exactly what i proposed. a max deal is a must to keep yao but to protect rox interest the deal has to have some clauses. it's up to morey and his lawyers to figure out these clauses.

i don't believe all proposals fans came up in this thread, 2 year, 4 year, 5 year, 10 mil/per, will work and they are not realistic.

i believe the best case for rox is yao picks up his option so rox won't worry about his contract until late of the next season. unfortunately, yao has his team to work for him. those ppl are not dump. they will figure out what is the best for yao.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

no llink, not true.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I see Bosh as Yao insurance. We would have to 2 legitimate post players in Bosh and Scola.

A healthy Yao is just icing on the cake.

And of course, DM is going to remain positive. What other option does he have?

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

I'd believe what's in the "fringe" is real rather than stuff comes from Sina.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Yao can't stay on the count. No player is worth the max that can't stay on the count. It's really that simple.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how valid is SINA? These guys make crap up.

13. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

theoretically, you're right. unfortunately in real world, it's not that simple as you think.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

AMEN!!!!!!

I swear some people act as if Les and the organization never made money before Yao...

Leebigez, asked a ques in another thread and know one ever answered him...

How are the other top 10 teams making money with Yao or the income from China????

Championship and winning teams make money....

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Well... Yao allows Les to make money despite not getting out of the first round. Other teams have to be in serious contention for a ring to make money or have owners like Buss and Cuban who laugh at the LT every year.

16. choujie

choujie Member

Larry Smith. That's a typo, I can't edit my post.

You are missing the point here. What I meant is when Yao is healthy, he makes Rockets much better, so the contract is not about money only like the other poster said, it's about winning too.

Of couse Yao's health is a major concern at this point, and Morey is no fool, he'll consider this for sure.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Of course Yao makes the Rockets better when he plays. He makes $17 million. He is SUPPOSE to make the team better. Hell, if we stuck someone like Marc Gasol or Brook/Robin Lopez in our lineup last season, they would have made are team so much better and for a lot cheaper too. Unless Yao is willing to drop about 5 mil from his salary, he is not worth it.

18. choujie

choujie Member

Not sure about Marc Gasol and Lopez Brook Lopez. Gasol's team has more talent than Rockets and they had a worse season, Lopez's team almost broke record for worst records in NBA history.

Impact is something harder to evaluate than stats only.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I get what your saying. Most of the team's woes last year defensively was the lack of a defensive presence in the low post. Scola does not deter perimeter players from penetrating and as good as Hayes is defending the low post, he is not much of a defensive presence to deter perimeter players. Gasol and Lopez are solid enough players and big enough that as a perimeter player, you are less inclined to drive in against them as opposed to a 6 foot nothing midget playing center.

20. choujie

choujie Member

No. It's not all about size. Lopez is a worse post defender than Hayes. Gasol isn't better either. It took Yao 6 years before he played defense like last season. Yao's defense has been improved each year over his career. He went from a player everybody tried to dunk on to a player makes everybody hesitate to drive to basket. Gasol and Lopez are not there yet.