1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SinaRumor] Yao wants a 6-yr contract but Morey only gives 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mms, May 18, 2010.

1. parmesh

parmesh Member

Opt-out, resign 4 years 13 mil each year 4th year team option?

2. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I wouldn't make much of this. Yao's agent is going to try to maximize his clients salary. To do this he is going to be leaking articles like this, and in a couple of months we're going to start seeing the: "Yao is 100% and ready to play" articles popping up everywhere. Typical stuff that will usually have little to no bearing on Morey's decision making.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think Morey can build a championship roster with one max contract player constantly out of the lineup. Even if Yao stats healthy next season, giving him a long term deal has disaster written all over it.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't know how well yao's body is but morey repeated a few times rox is going to bet on yao coz rox has no other choice. do you know the meaning of bet?

morey must have sth to gamble on yao. he is a business man. if he doesn't have high probablity of winning, he won't bet. plain & simple.

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i think fans here worry about yao's body more than morey. he repeated in public several times he is going to bet on yao. if you trust morey and his brain, you shouldn't worry.

6. redao

redao Member

It was Les betting. Les is a businessman. He sure has something to bet on Yao, not basketball or winning though.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This is not just about Yao and the rockets. If another team is willing to give Yao a 6-yr contract, he might leave.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

then you proved my other point. les must get tons of money by keeping yao on his team, more than he paid to yao. :grin:

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The effin truth!

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

First, nobody should listen to the SinaRumor. Secondly Yao would just embarrass himself by asking a 6-year contract when he is still on the injure list. No worry, Morey would not give him a 6-year contract without seeing his plays, not even for a four year contract, I guess.

11. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I agree, Yao is a different type of persona than most superstars, he wants to get back on the floor right now more than anything.

12. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

why does yao have to be embarrassed? nba is not a charity. owners steal money from your pocket. it's business.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Just because it is business, not a charity, so he is not worth for a 6-year contract (near max one) when he is still on the injure list. You may talk a 6-year contract for 3M per year, that would be fine for someone. Yao need show the people that he can still play at a high level, then starts to talk his big new contact. I do not think Yao is just stupid as someone in Sina.com, still think he is a max player without playing any games for a year.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

now i know why les has been labeled as a cheap owner. it starts with rox fans. les is the victim of cheap rox fans.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Then tell me why Yao would opt out now.

16. herro

herro Member

I wouldn't even give him 4.

17. herro

herro Member

Toodles.

18. herro

herro Member

I'd say that has a tendency to vary.

19. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I love how someone posts an rumor from sina.com and then everyone goes ape over it. I thought even the slow people have known by now that sina.com is the National Enquirer of sporting news.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a tendency I'd like to try out.