1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons and Bucher talk Lowry/Pau trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's all it is if we are talking about a deal where the main parts are Lowry for Gasol.

Bucher and Broussard are ESPN big market nuts and are always dreaming of scenarios that make the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Heat better. They really don't think about other teams situations so they don't really understand them.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So we're going to give LA this lineup?? Pffft.

Lowry
    Kobe
    World Peace
    Scola
    Bynum

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My bet is that Bucher is talking about two separate things:

1. His desire for Lowry + Scola to be traded for Pau (not going to happen because Morey won't do it)

AND

2. His contention that Lowry is available for the right price (which itself is probably true)

Maybe this Deron for Lowry + fillers deal really does have legs. It's one my heart would never make, but that my brain could do the math to see why we would do it (marquee superstar to lure Dwight; just as importantly, cockblocking Dallas)

4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah I definitely don't see Lowry for Pau happening at all. No way that fits anyways, what are we going to do at the PG position?

5. heartofachamp34

This.

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Resign Dragic (give him an extension) and let him be our starting PG ... :rolleyes:

7. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Bucher was wrong about Webber leaving the Kings, after that his credibility was lost in my eyes. He Swore Webber was going to the Knicks....

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bleh. I like Dragic but that's a very lateral move in terms of the next couple years. We trade having a top 10 PG and an average starter at PF, for having a top 10 PF and an average starter at PG.

That's not even getting into: Pau is 6 years older than Lowry and is paid 3x as much money.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truthfully, I love Lowry like a brother. When I say brother I don't mean like a real brother, but I mean it like the way black people use it, which I think is more meaningful.

10. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Maybe they trade Lowry and twill becomes our PG ;)

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree and I also think a Lowry for Gasol trade isn't going to happen. But you never know what DM will do (with his job on the line) ... :grin:

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right however what I really meant was

You build around definite SUPERSTARS like Howard, Rose, Yao when healthy

Borderline superstars or stars like Deron, to an extent Gasol, you have to bring in better role players that are bigger calibers than you would with

two superstars, or one superstar

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the fascination with pau gasol is killing me. stop it already.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

One point I don't think I've seen addressed anywhere is whether Dwight or Deron could be traded after March 15th and the end of the season, but before July 1st; i.e. around draft time. That is, if either of them agree in writing to decline their opt out (or agree pick up their option, whichever it is), as a condition of a trade to the team of their choice. Just like Chris Paul did in the trade to the Clips. As they would then be under contract for one more year, you would think they would be tradeable. If this is the case, then maybe neither get traded before March 15th, with both Orlando and NJ waiting for the true deadline to trade them.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because?

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, the 15th is c'est finis for an SnT as under old rules.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm not talking sign and trade. Dwight or DWill would be traded under their current contracts.

18. conquistador#11

of course the lowry and scola for gasol makes perfect sense!!! **

**if you're a writer that jocks L.A and or a fan of the laker

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lowry for Gasol and Kobe straight up!

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think thats pretty much the only way Murray will allow the trade to happen