1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons and Bucher talk Lowry/Pau trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

I pretty much think any team Pau is traded to, he'll underachieve. He doesn't seem to have the motivation or the fire that made him into a top PF during his championship run.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Extreme homerism in this thread.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe so, but when you factor in age, salary, etc...... don't you think Lowry is worth more than Gasol?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Joe House, Simmons' friend.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Gasol doesn't have a choice. He said that he didnt want to be traded from the Lakers, but never went out of his way to bash Houston. Believe it or not there are about 20 teams worse in the league to be traded to. The only people who hate on Houston are people who live in Houston. Its not that bad guys.

As for Howard and Williams... what teams have they mentioned...??? A whole two or three teams.... LA, New York, or Dallas. Those are 3 teams that don't even have the ability to trade or sign them in free agency.

-Dallas really thinks they are going to be able to trade Shawn Marion in order to get cap space to sign Deron Williams. They also think that Roddy B. is going to be the young talent that facilitates a major trade. These writers are out of their mind if they think Dallas can aquire one of these guys, much less both.

-The Lakers have nothing to offer other than Bynum, and Gasol. they are in the best position of the three teams that can make a deal.

-New York.... ha. No. Unless they want to trade one of Amare, Melo, or Lin its not gonna happen.

-Brooklyn... have a hard time thinking Deron has even bought into the idea of Brooklyn much less convincing Dwight to go with him there. Its a huge gamble for both of these guys to join a poorly run franchise whose owner just lost billions of dollars and is about to jump ship to run for the president of Russia. yeah, good luck Dwight and Deron.

If these guys are really that serious about leaving their teams because they have it so bad they need to be a little more creative with teams like Houston and Orlando.

What Lebron and co. did two summers ago will most likely never be able to happen again do to the new CBA restraints. Houston isn't in the top 3 destinations, but it is in the top 10 cities to play in.

All the Rockets need is that one star to fall here then upcoming free agents will want to come play here. Lowry is still an all-star appearance or playoff run away from being considered an elite PG, but he's getting there.

Do I think Dwight and Deron are going to team up in Houston... no. If the Rockets traded for a player of there level would they be happy here... Yes. As long as the team has the ability to win a title. This Lebron batch of all-stars all want to take the easy route and team up together, but its not gonna happen anymore.

Just support the trade. Whatever trade happens. Thats the only way to build now other than tanking, and we arent going to start that argument right now.

1 person likes this.
  6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Lowry is only on the table for D.Will. I am beginning to think that a lowry+martin trade for d.will is very possible.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

Doubt it unless DWill agrees to an extension in Houston. I personally think Howard and DWill sign in Dallas.

9. dobro1229

Cant happen unless they trade Marion which isnt gonna happen. They dont have the cap space.

10. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

I wouldn't trade Kyle for Gasol. Not in fantasy either!

11. dobro1229

Again, why would Orlando trade Howard and have to take a player like Marion or Haywood back in return for him? They are better off letting him walk and taking the cap space for themselves.

Dallas can only sign one player in free agency, but both D12 or DWill will either sign with the team thats able to trade for those guys or re-sign with their current teams. They arent going to give up THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS to walk in free agency.

I have no idea what Cuban really thinks he is doing. Capspace wont do him any good. He needs trade assets and draft picks. They are banking on Roddy B. being young talent that they could trade... really Cuban... please.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Bucher is right. Simmons is wrong. I don't think they would deal Lowry for Gasol ... I tend to doubt that, but I know Lowry has been floated out there for Deron, even recently.

Anyone who says Daryl Morey has an untouchable right now or someone he absolutely won't move probably doesn't know Daryl Morey very well. He looks for "upgrades." Lowry may be the one who he least wants or needs to move, but if the superstar that becomes available is a PG, then it's obvious he'll move Kyle. <a href="http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1503/why-kyle-lowry-could-become-the-next-aaron-brooks/">This is from a year ago</a> and it still applies, though Chris Paul cut the likelihood in half.

Lowry, Martin & Scola are the bigger salaries that the Rockets have beyond 2012. If you want to add a major salary like Gasol and hope to add a second piece later by using that cap room, then you have to send out a bulk of salary from those three guys: Scola would be a lock, just by position. Martin, probably who they'd hope to move. Lowry, the least likely in a Gasol deal.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I wouldn't mind lowry for gasol only if, d-will comes as well. If not forget about it.

14. dobro1229

Clutch, I think your right, but Id have to believe that Morey is smart enough to know that trading Lowry for an All-Star with no other all star calliber player on their roster to play with would be a pretty risky situation and could be potentially demoralizing for an incoming player.

What Im getting at is that I find it hard to believe that Morey would move Lowry unless there were multiple deals on the table, or a super complex deal out there thats bringing back more than just one player like Gasol or Deron.

One major move that might be in Morey's mind is to trade

Lowry, Scola for Gasol
    &
    Martin, draft picks, + tons of young players like Morris, Patterson for Deron Williams

Or shuffle around pieces in any which way with 3 other teams. Either way, I dont think Lowry is untouchable, but he's untouchable if your only getting back one All-star and still moving alot of players like Martin/Scola as well.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deron and Gasol is inferior to Deron Howard

16. Nook

Nook Member

I don't doubt Morey would deal Lowry for Howard or Williams, but I highly doubt he would deal Lowry for Gasol. Morey would deal his mother if he could.

17. dobro1229

Ok, but that all depends on the willingness of the other party to trade Dwight. You already know that Gasol could possibly be aquired with Lowry going to LA.

Orlando has been very adament about keeping Howard. They felt out some offers from LA, Dallas, and New Jersey but they obviously thought that if thats the best they can do, it might be better to risk letting Dwight walk in free agency and see if he truely has the you know whats to let 30 million big ones walk out of his bank account by walking in free agency.

If Houston can somehow open up discussions with Orlando's front office behind everyones back then they might be able to put together a competitive package for Dwight, but with Orlando's demands its highly unlikely this close to the deadline.

If Gasol is attainable NOW, you better run and grab him while he's on the table at the right price.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bucher sounds like a guy with no social skills. He's wound up way too much and has an uneasy laugh, probably a petty personality with no sense of humor.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I agree, also Deron and Howard is inferior to Rose and Yao. You take what you can get, what's available and realistic. If Morey brings me home a B+, I'm not gonna say "It's inferior to an A."

Seriously, are you as hard on yourself?

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Also it's annoying when he hits the table as he's trying to make a point. It's like, come on man, this is radio, it's not even live, you don't need to look good, you can make all the gestures that your nerdy personality would otherwise want to do, all the things that probably got you made fun of in high school, and you STILL have to bang the table when you get excited? You would excuse a regular Joe, but a guy that's in the profession for this long you'd have guessed someone would have talked to him about it by now.