1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simmons and Bucher talk Lowry/Pau trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Bucher is usually confident and often wrong. Normally I would give Simmons little credence but based on his relationship with Morey I think he has better information.

2. Ultimate6thMan

Okay, I just posted the below in the deadline trade scenarios, but thought that it would also fit perfectly here. What about this possibility:

Okay, the Lakers want Lowry for Gasol. We want Howard and Deron.

What about we give the Lakers Lowry and Scola for Gasol...but only do it if we have a deal on the table with Orlando for Howard that would include Martin, PP, Parsons, our expirings and any/all picks that they want to complete the deal? If we can keep Dragic, CLee and hopefully Morris, we could add anything and everything in the deal that would make Orlando happy enough to do the deal..even two of those three if necessary.

Howard may want to play and stay here if we can pair him up with Gasol, with the potential to sign Deron in the off season. The key would be saving enough cap room to sign Deron and hopefully keeping CLee and Morris for our 2 and 3 positions.

If we had a starting lineup next year of:

Deron
    CLee
    Morris
    Gasol
    Howard

I think we become the favorites for it all and would not have any problems signing players on the cheap to filll out the roster; not to mention whatever is left over that Orlando leaves or sends over to make the deal happen. Eating that Turkgolu contract may be the part that becomes tough if it keeps us from having enough cap space to sign Deron outright in the offseason. Maybe some of the capologists here can toss around the facts of whether it would work or not.

My thoughts are always shoot for the stars, and be happy if you are able to land on the moon.

1 person likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This is how I feel. I would also trade anyone for Howard.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Gasol has made it clear he dosent want to be in Houston. Howard hasnt even mentioned Houston as a team he would consider and neither has Williams. Both Howard and Williams need to agree to come here and there i more chance of yao coming back then those two in Houston. So no chance in hell.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Lowry for Bynum is probably something I would do. Gasol is a couple years to old to deal for Lowry.

I want to keep Lowry/Martin and put them with Gasol.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say Bynum is too injury prone to trade for Lowry.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I would have to pull the trigger if the Lakers were putting Bynum on the table.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if a secondary Rondo trade is being worked on. Something like Martin, Motiejunas, Dragic, Morris + NY pick for Rondo+Jermaine O'Neal would work salary-wise.

Maybe even get either Garnett or Ray for an additional combo of 09 expirings and Dalembert.

A rotation of Rondo, Lee, Parsons, Pau, Dalembert, Pat and Bud would not be bad, with Flynn or TWill thrown in.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I think the Lakers are saving bynum to trade him for howard

10. Ultimate6thMan

Do you think if Gasol found out that he was going to play with Howard and eventually Deron next year that he would stay unhappy? I am sure he only wants to play for the Lakers right now though, so any deal will make him unhappy at the moment.

I think Howard would be intrigued with being paired up with Gasol. If and once that was accomplished, I think it would be pretty fair to say that Deron would salivate to be added to that team. The key is, is there ANYTHING or package that Orlando would accept from us that doesn't include Lowry so that we can pair Lowry with someone to trade for Gasol?

11. cod

cod Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wouldn't. Looked like he tweaked his leg tonight.

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Exact opposite my man. On paper it's fine. In real life you're trading the heart and soul of our team for an aging softy who has already made it perfectly clear that he doesn't want to be here.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Even if we could figure out a way to snake our way into having a D-Will, Gasol, Howard big three, which I very much doubt, you should keep in mind that just those three would already put us at the salary cap. We'd basically be limited to 2nd rounders/D-League All-Stars for the rest of our team.

15. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Doing this trade gives the Lakers the championship. No way.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He did, but I'm not so sure after the recent blow out that Morey would be so willing to part with him and Scola for just Gasol. Seems like a gift for the Lakers if they not only get their point guard position problem solved, but also compensate for the loss of Gasol with Scola.

Just the best deal ever for the Lakers.

17. Ultimate6thMan

Just curious, would their three salaries be more than LeBron, Wade and Bosh's?

18. alethios

alethios Member

If Pau can help convince Sergio Llull to join the Rockets next season, that would go a long way towards softening the blow of losing Lowry.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Link please... Everyone on this board seems to take this as truth.. I have never seen anything where he singled out Houston as a place he doesn't want to play. The closest I heard was him saying he wanted to be a Laker.

Further, after what he has gone through the last 2+ months I suspect he may no longer want to remain a Laker.

I am thinking this is another clutchfans urban myth like Adelman currently being in the hall of fame as a coach or Morey dealing Gay for Battier.

1 person likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is the third guy outside of Nowitzki? Voice reminds me of Jeff.