1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sign and Trade for Lebron 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, Aug 8, 2013.

1. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Very interesting thought for the morning...James Harden is an emerging superstar in the league and Chandler Parsons is probably a top 10 SF too. There is a good chance that Lebron will test the free agent market in 2014 so would you complete a sign and trade for Lebron James and send James Harden along with Parson for him? Imagine having the best player and best center on the same team. You can always surround the two with great shooters and complimentary players. I think we should definitely make a push for Lebron!

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm sorry, you can call me crazy but I would not trade Harden for LeBron. And I sure as hell wouldn't trade him and Parsons for him.

3. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

So, you telling me that you wouldn't trade for the most dominant offensive player and arguable the best perimeter defender in the NBA if he says he want to play for Houston??? Please explain

4. FR0497

FR0497 Member

You're crazy. Harden straight up for LeBron?? Fire the GM that doesn't take that. I don't think I'd give Harden and Parsons for him either though.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would trade Harden AND Dwight for Lebron. I'd also trade Dwight over Harden for Lebron. Lebron fits better with another wing.

6. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I like Parsons, but too many people think he's going to be a superstar of some type...his ceiling of potential is not as high as people think...I think at most he'll contribute 15 points a game throughout his career. He definitely has a great IQ of the game, but not a player that can take over the game offensively or defensively. Harden can definitely take over a game, but he's not a great defender...you stop his Eurostep and the result is usually a turnover (our backcourt averaged the most turnovers in the league last season). Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of James Harden, but if we have a chance to get Lebron, you make the deal (keep DH12).

7. hbomb

hbomb Member

Lebron is currently the best player in the NBA.

He is worth more than his current contract.

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Lebron's defense may be the most over rated thing in the NBA. Watch him consistently and you'll see some great defense and then some streaks of TMac defense in there.

That being said, everyone would take a Harden for Lebron swap.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Why not just outright sign Lebron...in 2014...we can create cap space by trading Omer and Lin..smdh

10. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I think Parson's ceiling would be accurately described as Manu Ginobili.

11. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

We would be paying the luxury tax and we don't have a huge TV deal like the LA market to compensate this expense...

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I kinda lol at how Parsons has become a deal-breaker

He's a great player, especially at the value of his contract, but wing players who can score aren't exactly lacking in the NBA...

vs wing players who can score, pass, defend/ generally beat the s**t out of the nba.

13. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Really? As I recalled, when the Bulls played the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals 2 seasons ago, Lebron shut down D-Rose and he shot around 30% during that series...when Tony Parker was killing the Heat's D through penetration, Lebron matched up with him and shut him down too...indeed, he's a sporadic defender, but hell, if you're killing it on the offensive end, you need to conserve your energy on defense. Defensively, he shows up when it counts...

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

rather have harden and parsons.

15. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Why does Miami Heat even want to do this trade??

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wouldn't even trade asik and lin for lebron much less harden and Parsons.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

But, those are usually during times that do not mean much. You can not play 100% 100% of the time. It's a losing basketball formula. His defense improves exponentially during times when defense is needed and some.

18. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Because in Fantasyland, all your wildest dreams will come true!

19. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

James Harden rejuvenated this franchise. He loves it here and we love him. He is our cornerstone and is still growing. No way we trade him. No way.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Except a billionaire owner who's willing to pay the luxury tax for the right player