1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sighting of NBA legend

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by one blood, May 13, 2007.

1. one blood

one blood Member

Nothing to do with the rockets but...Today my parents picked me up from college at the University of Texas in San Antonio and they wanted to go to church because it was mothers day. so we go to this church called oak hills and during the offering i turn my head to the right and David Robinson is an usher and he's passing around the offering.It was pretty sweet to see. That was the first time ive seen anyone famous outside of an arena.pretty cool.

2. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

wrong forum and DRob is not an NBA legend - get back to us when you see Hakeem ;)

3. one blood

one blood Member

yikes...still bitter about our first round loss...i thought it was cool

4. AggieRocketFan96

I have a lot of respect for David Robinson, he was a helluva player and seems to be tremendous person.

But, this thread really shouldn't be in the GARM.

5. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I'm playing, but yes I am still bitter about losing to the Jazz :mad:

6. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

i can never see Robinson in the same light others will, as a great player/center I only saw him play against the rockets and dream pretty much owned him

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wrong forum

david robinson was never a rocket

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I met David Robinson in Portland, after his team played the Blazers about 10 yeas ago. Also saw Sean Eliiot (with 2 women). Robinson was extremely nice and friendly. Very approachable and spent time talking to everyone in our group. A real class act.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

just stop right there

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Exactly my thoughts, David Robinson is not a legend get a tape of the 95 playoffs and watch Hakeem punk this guy nonstop. David Robinson is at best a second banana and belongs nowhere near the word legend.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wrong forum holmes. I hate dRob, he's the nicest guy in the world, and for some reason that ticks me off. Scratch that, second nicest, I've heard dream is nicer.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Several years ago, I was in 1st class on the same airplane with him and his family to Honolulu. It was funny watching him duck just to walk to the restroom. At that time, his kids were just toddlers/babies and I felt old seeing them on TV at the game last night.

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

in before the ...

transfer to the Dish

14. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I saw T-Mac and Mrs. McGrady tonight at the John Legend concert. :D Unfortunately he was way on the other side of the venue so I didn't see much.

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Tmac is not a legend.. at least not yet, he still has time (though very little) :)

16. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

I saw Hakeem last sunday at Grand Lux Cafe on Westheimer. He was eating w/ Clyde and I got a chance to talk to them for about 2 mins...asked Hakeem when he was going to start coaching Yao and he thought that was hilarious....nothing worth making my own thread over though

17. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

lol, it was man. It was. David Robinson is one hell of a person and was one hell of a player. And, yeah, I was a fan. I had a Spurs had that I'd wear from time to time.

So people on ClutchFans: I have nothing but respect for the Spurs. I loved Robinson, I love Duncan, and I love the traditional, fundamental game their team plays I hope to GOD that Les doesn't push through his crappy fast-paced team idea. Of course, I will NOT root for the Spurs against the Rockets...

18. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Why all the hate for Robinson? Yeah Dream owned him in 1995 but that's no reason to hate him. Everything I've heard about him is that he's a classy guy and anyway isn't playing basketball anymore so its not like we have to worry what he's doing on court against the Rox.

Also yeah this is the wrong forum.

19. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I know, I just wanted to get that in without making a new thread. :p

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually have a term called the "DROB type center" who I compare guys like Kaman too. Robinson would put up decent numbers against the Olajuwons, Mutombos, and Ewings, 16-19ppg and 7-10rpg. But he padded his stats against the lesser tier centers, for example, putting up 70+ points on the Clipps.