1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sigh]The I can't stand Clutchfans after losses thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, May 10, 2017.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It is in times like these that we need @Tha_Dude to telleth all that he loveth. To remind us that the series ain't over, that all we have to do is what we've already done: Win 1 at home and 1 on the road.

I'm still full of hope. If that game didn't break our back, then we've got a strong back and plenty to look forward to.

2. jae713

jae713 Member

Damn bro, you might need to be on suicide watch.

juanm34, Deji McGever and Jontro like this.
  3. don grahamleone

Psshhh... they can crawl out at the start of game 6 and all will be forgotten.

4. Fantasma Negro

Thanks for coming on here the day after a loss to talk about how you hate to be on here the day after a loss. Toughen the **** up, life is hard you won't always like what you see, but you won't have to worry about cf after a loss much longer cause tomorrow night they're gonna **** the bed again and give you one last sad day to stay away from clutchfans and its over-reactive fan base of people who don't just mindlessly love shittly basketball.

#24 Fantasma Negro, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well of course there is negativity, the team lost a big game, wtf do you expect?

We are passionate fans - if you can't handle the heat, stay the hell out of the kitchen !!

;)

DD

Junebball, napalm06 and Plowman like this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

It's over

7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Yeah the game was a roller coaster. PatBev almost gets a 3 from out of bounds, D Green hits a 3 at the buzzer . we go to OT, OT sux.
    I had another glass of Jose Cuervo & watched a few old eps of 2 & a half men, watchin Charlie punk Alan usually cheers me up.
    It hurts today when everybody starts playin the blame game. It ain't over, but I feel prey shitty today. we will all feel better tomorrow when we tie it up at 3-3. Go Rockets! Go RedNation! Oh well, I think I'll go start a small fire.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I tried to do the same, but every 30 minutes to 1 hr, I take a pick at Clutchfans, and quickly go through almost all the threads. Prolly happened 15 times since the game ended. That's got to be mental or love, right?

9. don grahamleone

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/15/s...hnson-and-suns-rise-as-the-rockets-cling.html

1995 N.B.A. PLAYOFFS; Johnson and Suns Rise As the Rockets Cling

HOUSTON, May 14,— Kevin Johnson gave his best today when the Phoenix Suns needed it the most and pushed the Houston Rockets to the brink of elimination.

Johnson scored a career playoff high 43 points -- 24 in the second half -- to bring the Suns back from a 15-point third-quarter deficit as Phoenix beat the Rockets, 114-110, to take a 3-1 lead in the four-of-seven-game series.

Barkley, who had just 5 points and no field goals in Saturday's loss to the Rockets, scored 19 of his 26 points in the first half.

Game 5 is Tuesday in Phoenix and Barkley expects another fight from the Rockets.

"They won't die; you have to kill them like a snake," Barkley said.

It was a devastating defeat for the Rockets, who held a 78-63 lead with 6 minutes 44 seconds left in the third quarter. But Johnson found the range, and the Suns outscored Houston, 28-10, to take a 91-89 lead entering the fourth quarter.

"That's what basketball is all about," Johnson said. "It was easy. We looked at the scoreboard and we were down by 15 and then we went on a run and we were back in it before long. We haven't made a run like that here in a long time."

Johnson's previous playoff high was 38 points. His career high is 44 points.

Wesley Person scored 10 points during the Suns' third-quarter run and Johnson hit all five of his third-quarter shots. Person's 3-point basket with 32 seconds left in the quarter gave Phoenix its first lead since the first quarter, at 89-88.

"I thought it was a very hard-fought game," Rockets Coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "Little things pile up: missing 10 free throws, not shooting our percentage, missing big plays and a couple of questionable calls. Those things just add up."

The Rockets made a fight of it early in the fourth quarter, taking a 106-99 lead with 4:41 to play on a dunk by Mario Elie. But that was the Rockets' final basket of the game.

Phoenix took the lead for good at 108-107 on Barkley's two free throws with 1:23 to play after a foul on Elie.

Hakeem Olajuwon scored 38 points to lead the Rockets, Clyde Drexler added 22 and Robert Horry pulled down 17 rebounds. Person finished with 16 points for the Suns.

"It's a tough situation, a big swing," Tomjanovich said. "Instead of 2-2 it's 1-3 and we're going out there."

Houston got the early advantage by hitting 5 of 10 3-point baskets in the first quarter. Olajuwon had 19 first-half points, helping the Rockets to a a 64-54 lead at the break.

"I tried so hard to make it happen and you make mistakes," Olajuwon said. "It was a tough loss. We lost something toward the end, the aggression. I have to give them a lot of credit.

"Now we're in a very tough position. We'll give them our best shot out there."

Barkley, 0 for 10 on Saturday, missed his first two shots before hitting five in a row and finishing the half with 19 points.

It was also a turnaround game for Johnson, who had 14 points in Saturday's game but was scoreless in the second half.

Barkley and Johnson weren't enough to overcome Olajuwon and the Rockets' 3-point shooters in the first half. Smith hit 3 of 4 from 3-point range in the first quarter, and the Rockets were 6 of 11 at the half. It on a half-court 3-pointer by Sam Cassell.

It was the first close game of the series.

"I'm just glad we were ahead," Suns Coach Paul Westphal said. "I think they made some shots and we stayed with them. They couldn't put us away. It looked like Hakeem was getting tired at the end of the third quarter. That helped."

10. don grahamleone

Gather your luggage gentlemen, Phoenix has this one in the bag.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think they'd have to win game 7 for all to be forgotten

12. don grahamleone

Seriously, how do we lose that game? Olajuwon goes 38 and 8, Drex was 22/6/5... Hell... Horry had 17 rebounds. We should just give up, this team choked. We don't deserve to win this series. Friggin Kevin Johnson... how do we stop that guy? How can you give up 43 points to a point guard and expect to win? They're stacked over there. Barkley, KJ, AC Green, Majerle, Ainge... how are we supposed to beat that team? F it.... I give up. I'm not even going to watch the Rockets anymore. Down 3-1... impossible.

RocketWalta and bigred77 like this.
  13. don grahamleone

Sounds like you like the Rockets, but you don't love 'em anymore.

14. don grahamleone

The best stories in sports are the ones where your team's back is to the wall and they come out fighting like 12 dogs against the world. We've gotta embrace this moment because the healing that comes after is pure joy.

[​IMG]
    Found this image... looks like the Alamo to me. Bunch of losers. You know who won Texas for San Antonio to even be an American city? A bunch of folks in Houston. That's what we are. Those folks at the Alamo put up a helluva fight and they inspired us to be greater. Same story here.

Remember the Alamo Dome! Remember the Alamo Dome! Remember the Alamo Dome! Remember the Alamo Dome! Remember the Alamo Dome!

heypartner and CDrex like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the contrary, all of us diehards here are like battered wives having put up with this abusive SOB in red for so many decades now just b/c we love the b*stard so damn much :D

and lately they've been using morey's XXXL size wife beater on us too!

16. don grahamleone

We need to wear these for game 7 to remind them who we are:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

He's one of us... no need to bad mouth him. Don't be a McHale, get on the boat:

[​IMG]

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya b/c of his absurdly thin depth charts, that might turn into a fishing yacht quite soon

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Millennial Rocket fans seem to have a tendency to underestimate the heart of a champion.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

There shouldn't of been a clutchfans meltdown. We had that game and we gave it away.