1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] X Factor - The Patrick Beverley Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Roxs-Redemption

Email: sh.041995@gmail.com

Thanks

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Man, what I would pay to watch Beverley and Harden go at it in practice. He sounds brutal all the time. Not liable to let the money get to his head.

He's just what our team needs.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Does Beverly skateboard? He seems like he does on the side based on his balancing ability.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Reading this SI article gives me more insight into Bev. He takes his craft so seriously, it is almost scarry. I mean, he won't even workout with a likeable person like Stephon Curry just because he wants to make no friends with other NBA players.

Bev is definitely a throw back to the days teams REALLY hate each other and there was pride in wearing your club's jersey.

I know if I was an opposing pg, I would hate to play against Bev. No doubts about it.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That's just stupid reason not to work out against someone. Even MJ, as a scumbag personality that he is, would work out and befriend rifles. He learned tendencies of his most bitter rivals that way.

6. georgecavendish

georgecavendish New Member

Patrick Beverley is what the Houston Rockets needs.
    He works hard and he plays hard.
    Beverley is worth every cent what owner Leslie Alexander is paying him.
    The name wolverine is exactly what he represents for the Houston Rockets.

7. rocketblood713

HAD to read this so awesome! ....Get ready Lillard my boy PB is ready to FEAST!

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Thanks Larsv8!

I hope you don't mind, but I made a PDF of the images to share with the board:

http://1drv.ms/1gzYDBp

9. Doktor Mndbndr

He's giving away too many of his trade secrets. Not smart.

10. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

I love the way Beverley plays basketball. I wish more guys cared as much about defense as he does.

Would you consider drafting Aaron Craft from Ohio State as a backup point guard so we had 48 minutes of hell as a defense? If yes, would you go as high as a late first for him? I know I'd personally take him in second, no questions asked, but I have a hard time with the idea of going up to first to get him, even if it is 30 or 31.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Great read! Love it and love Bev.

12. Doktor Mndbndr

frankly, he needs to stfu about his methodology until he retires, won a few championships, or at least has gotten a big contract. now opponents arrive mentally prepared and bring their A game. most NBA players love a challenge and can adjust at least somewhat and turn it up a notch. oh well, too late.

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

Great read, thanks for the post. I heard about the movie sequel but haven't had the time to catch it. Definitely will be soon.

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Yeah because NBA players didn't know he liked to play hard nosed defense 48 minutes until this SI article came out.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn't know he was in Hoop Reality. It's only 10 bucks on Amazon Instant Video. I may give it a look. The reviews aren't good, but I think that's because people were disappointed that Agee wasn't featured much in it. Ironically Pat being the star of the documentary is a good thing for Rockets fans.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, the secret is out that he likes to pressure the ball and keep you from getting into your offense early. What a leak. How will we cope? :confused:

17. duteman

duteman Member

awesome read.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

We love to talk about how great Parsons has been for a 37 (?) pick in the draft, which I do not think anyone can argue that. I actually think Beverley has had a larger impact on this team this year and was without an NBA job and gets paid less than Parsons. I think that's more impressive than the Parsons pick.

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I just hope this stuff doesn't get inside his head too much and he overdoes it and loses control.

20. bongman

bongman Member

Thanks Murray for finding this gem. I still remember the day he got signed and most folks (including me) had a collective... "WHO ?". Then Lin went down during the playoffs and everybody was saying he will get murdered by Westbrook.

Then, there were tons of heated discussions about the decision to make him our starting PG. Now, he is considered by most as a very important piece in our lineup. His journey is just as colorful (maybe even more) as any NBA underdog story. So happy for him and even more grateful that he plays for our team.