1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Top 100 players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Curt, Love ,A.Davis are good but should not be on top 10

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Josh Smith is ranked higher than Chandler, AND he has a better contract! Never thought that would happen.

3. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Harden was only in the MVP talks on Houston Rockets fan forums.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Steve Nash still needs to deliver those MVP awards to Kobe Bryant's house because those two years belonged to Kobe.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Not another list! I may look at this list if it's posted above me at eye level while I'm peeing in a urinal.

7. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Klay Thompson can do a lot more on offense than he's been given on the Warriors because they have Steph Curry. For example, when the Warriors play the Clippers, CP3 takes Curry out so they run many more plays to Thompson. He is a pretty good slasher in addition to his shooting.

8. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

After watching Curry try to play D during World Cup there is no way he should be ranked #8.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

When I see the criticism of Hardens shot selection and lack of passing I know that person's opinion doesn't count.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Anthony Davis has a whole hell of a lot of potential. But to say that right now he's the 6th best player in the league? I struggle with that.

Like, they talk about how quickly he has grown / how good he is compared to his age, but they should be comparing him to the rest of the league.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember last season the SI list was a complete joke as well, had DWade in the top 10, lol.

I find myself agreeing with ESPN's NBARank much more, it's generally right IMO.

12. slestack11

slestack11 Member

This is SI's prediction of the top 100 players next year. So in their opinion, he's going to be the 6th best player this coming season. If it were based on last year, then yeah, he's not the 6th best player. I don't think he has a whole lot to work on to dominate the league right now. And with Asik filling the center spot, he will be free to play his more comfortable 4 spot.

That said, I'm surprised Blake Griffin is #10. He was the third best player in the NBA last year and I would guess that he's only going to get better this coming season because he's got one year of Doc Rivers system under his belt. Plus, he was a lot better the second half of last year than the first half so presumably, he improved as the season went last year.

13. scottie brooks

Funny how The best shooting guard in the league gets the 13th spot due to lack of defensive skills but Curry somehow gets 8th?
    This list is full of ****, man.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

I see. That makes more sense. He's going to be relied on offensively and he's going to be less of a catch-all on defense.

Agree about Blake.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

IMO there are only three players in the NBA that are pretty unquestionably better than Harden.

After LBJ/KD/CP3, its debatable. But Harden is definitely top 10.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

why KG didn't make the top 100 again?

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's because it's a blind poll of multiple people, so the writers aren't choosing ratings explicitly to further their ability to talk about it.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They put Tim Duncan #5