1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI: Report: Dwight Howard Would Have Interest In Clippers and Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Report: Dwight Howard Would Have Interest In Clippers, Miami Heat If He Becomes A Free-Agent

Dwight Howard, NBA, Orlando Magic | Comments

Dwight Howard has interest in with potentially signing with the Los Angeles Clippers or the Miami Heat if he were to become a free-agent, repots Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

Chris Mannix✔
    @ChrisMannixSI

Two teams sources say tell SI Howard will have interest in: Clippers and Miami. There are cap issues, but the interest is real.

12 Mar 12 Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

Mannix reports that rival executives believe the Magic will hold onto Howard until after the trade deadline in an attempt to keep the star center. Previously rumored trades, such as a swap for Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng, are not likely because the three-time Defensive Player of the Year would rather file for free-agency than sign long term with most teams.

If Howard does become a free-agent, he will be interested in speaking to more clubs than just the Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, and New Jersey Nets, Mannix reports. Howard had previously indicated that these were three teams he would sign an extension with if he were traded.

The 26-year-old is averaging 21.1 points, 15 rebounds, and 2.2 blocked shots per game for the 27-15 Magic.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/12/r...ippers-miami-heat-if-he-becomes-a-free-agent/

Bye Bye Blake Griffin, Hello Dwight Howard....

[​IMG]

2. gah

gah Member

Is it Bo****is? Is it lupus?

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Bosh for Howard?

4. gah

gah Member

Bosh*itis, didn't know this desease was so feared as to be censored.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I'm the Clippers I'd try and keep Jordan in any potential deal for Howard.

IMO Griffin has more value than Howard in a LAC/Orl deal since Orlando has been backed into a corner... Orlando simply wont be able to find a value of Griffin's caliber any other way.

If I'm Orlando I want to keep Andersen, and if I'm the Clippers I'd want two big men starting, I don't care if they cant shoot, Paul can worry about getting them open.

I also don't think the Clippers should have to take back Hedo's contract, again, Griffin's value to Orlando should be astronomic, even though Howard is the superior player.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Don't be ridiculous. Riley is a professional GM. He would never think about trading core players the way despicable GMs like Morey do.

7. lalala902102001

Griffin and fillers for Howard is the only deal I see Orlando doing. That's the only deal out there that can give them a legit young franchise player to replace Dwight.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Griffin and DeAndre for Dwight would be extremely interesting.

Would never happen but still

9. yobod

yobod Member

Our core players have lost 6 out of the last 7 games, that Morey is so despicable :rolleyes:

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Orlando's not going to get THAT MUCH. If they get offered one plus fillers, that's as good a deal they will get.

11. gah

gah Member

Your're damn right. I hate him since the moment he traded Yao to the Shanghai Sharks. :rolleyes:

12. VBG

VBG Member

DeAndre is terrible and useless for the Clippers if they got Dwight.

They could try and get JJ Reddick or something from the deal.

CP3, JJ Reddick, Caron Butler, Kenyon Martin, Dwight Howard would be a great starting lineup. Terrible bench though I guess.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If he's going to get Blake or Jordan traded, that's quite the b**** move...

I really hope he doesn't come here. I'd rather trade for pure picks, over DH, at this point.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

He is not going to miami, no way it's hog wash. The clippers would be left with chrks paul and howard on the roster filled with scrubs.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm so tired of stars running the league when they aren't free agents.

I might stop watching the NBA if he goes to the Heat.

Yeah yeah "don't let the door hit you". I can find my own way out.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R_PuUjiw0E8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    We don't care!

17. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, there's no way he's going to Miami. It's just stupid rumors.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That was immature of blake. Dwight for Blake make it happen. Ship his ass to Disney land where he belongs.

19. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Is there anywhere that Dwight doesn't want to go? Dude changes his mind every day or two. Hopefully he doesn't pull a "The Decision"

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Houston.