1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI: Howard Wants Rockets to Sign 3rd Max Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pragmatician, Jul 2, 2013.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

We need LMA.

Some type of three team trade.

Where Asik goes to Portland,

Lin goes to third team, for something Portland wants,

Houston get LMA.

Lol, that is legit.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

In addition, is it just me or are others bothered by statements made by Dwight. "If we win it's Kobe, if we lose it's all on me " - (Sounding like Tmac). Plus the 3 or 4 baby momma's he has! This is a guy that shot off his mouth that he would be a virgin until married. Flipped flopped on Orlando 17,000 times.

So do we say this is immaturity, because Dream (if we care to remember) was very immature and would fight at moments notice before he started his serious muslim journey.

Bottom line we are going to need some money from Asik and Lin to keep Chandler, so it is bogus for Morey to say that they both will be on this team.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Exactly. He needs to pick one or the other, can't have all the good while letting others take the bad.

4. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

This is a great example of sensationalist headlines. I think the original quote was the Howard camp asked if the rockets are adding another max. Then three articles later its: Howard demands Big Three.

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

as someone said earlier, this is Howard asking basketball questions ie. "how's your team set for cap space?" "if I come will you still have flexibility to add players if we need them or will we be in cap hell like the knicks?"

that is speculation on my part, but so is "Dwight howard demands third max contract or he won't sign".

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

^This.

Everyone's re-interpreting Howard's query for adding a star as a demand for another max salary dude. Things get blown up from one thing to another.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

9. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

So if this is true which team currently has the best chance at signing Dwight?

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i like your optimisim but reality may not work as you wish. three max contracts plus two 8-mil contracts, that is a lot.

11. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

did this just happen?

12. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like a demand to me, just adding a little bit of pressure to get us to do what we already want to do, anyhow. It's not like he's insisting we pay Beyonce to do the halftime show for every game.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

THANK you!

This stuff gets re-hashed and re-worded. 610's talking heads were even asking some beat writer from NOLA yesterday, "What do you think about Howard's demand for a third max player" blah blah blah?

R.I.F.

14. Zfan

Zfan Member

Nightclub VIP membership, power dancers, authority to change coach, no-blame when losing agreement.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Here ya go, buddy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=knqhbd2

Something like this?

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wouldn't getting Aldridge to pair with Howard make Howard the third scoring option?;)

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Terry was traded? Dam! Didn't see that.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

It is actually kind of nice to have information posted in separate threads for those of us who have to work and do not have the time to browse through pages and pages of threads with the stupid "it's happening" Ron Paul gif every other post. A lot of information is lost to some people in 100 page threads. When I am off. like yesterday, I can keep up with the info, when I am working I can't except for quick glances like I am doing now.

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Not to mention Boston wouldn't trade Bradley for Lin in 1000 years.