1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI has BIG article on Ming and he made the FrankenShaq list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

In current issue of SI, (NBA Pre-view). There is a big article on Ming. Sorry don't have a scanner.

More interestingly, there is a FrankenShaq list where SI is having fun making a monster out of all the body parts of the BEST players in order to stop Shaq. Yao Ming is on the list, guest which body part? HIS BUTT.

I don't see it as a slight but the very fact that he's mentioned is an indication that Ming is already accepted into the inner circle of the great players and he's a rookie.

Also of note from SI article, Ming can play pretty rough and tough.

"During China's exhibiton loss to Canada, he broke the wrist of forward Andew Kwiatkowski during a rebounding skirmish. Then, with a wave of his long fingers, he dared 6'7" guard Prosper Karangwa to attack the basket during a two-on-one break-whereupon Yao hip checked Karangwa a good 10 feet, bruising the Canadian's ribs so badly that he required a flak jacket throughout the worlds. Make no mistake, Yao is not a gentle giant."

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Heh heh... :D

Interesting. I'll have to pick up a copy.

Unless someone has a scaner? :)

#2 DavidS, Oct 26, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2002
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

where are people getting this from becasue i've checked about 5 bookstores the last 3 days and i've yet to see it. was it sent to subscribers first and newwstands next week? :mad: