1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI cover] The unlikely MVP candidate, James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 17, 2015.

1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

NEED SOME BASKETLBALL NOW!!! Can't wait for Fridays game :)

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden somehow has an eFG% of .632 against teams w/top-10 defense and .605 against bottom-10 -- <a href="http://t.co/hh3tgYrMKm">http://t.co/hh3tgYrMKm</a></p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/568147573103419392">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought we overpaid for Harden. Now, along with his defensive improvement, he's better than I ever imagined. His last challenge
    is playoff success both statistically and winning. He has an excellent chance to not only overcome that, but completely flip it.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Great great read. Interesting how only Terry and D-mo quoted. From 6th man to MVP candidate. Wow. Or should that be woowoo!?!

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

yup, the MVP campaign machine is rolling. the senior media people know Harden is the real MVP

his IQ (not just BBIQ) is outstanding. he sees a problem and then thinks of a way to solve the problem. that's why he keeps improving

now we just need to get him some help.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

So I was waiting to get my copy of SI in the mail because of the Harden cover and I end up with this crap:

[​IMG]

What's going on here? Does SI have different cover photos based on what region you live in? Is there a Jimmy Butler version out there too? I know TIME Magazine does this internationally, but I don't think I've ever seen this with SI. Can I contact them and ask for the Harden cover instead? I knew I never should've trusted these guys after what they did when the Rockets beat the Knicks in the Finals, smh.

Edit: For those that asked me via rep what happened after the Rockets beat the Knicks in the Finals, it wasn't ESPN. By "these guys," I meant the people at SI who initially had planned to publish a special commemorative issue only if the Knicks had won. Then, it wasn't until the public in Houston found about this and made their displeasure known and protested SI's decision, that they finally published a a special commemorative issue for the Rockets winning the championship. IIRC, it was one of the fastest selling issues of SI in all its history. So, in the end, SI got the last laugh... they laughed all the way to the bank. Safe to say they didn't make the same mistake after the Rockets beat the Magic to win B2B championships. They couldn't publish that commemorative issue fast enough. I hope this helps.

#47 Kwame, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

espn garbage saying "he's a volume shooter" And 2nd or 3rd in mvp

breaking news guys, he's a SHOOTING guard

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's his TS but it's now .650 and .602

11. Kwame

I guess so, smh, :(

[​IMG]

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, what the hell SI?

They did have 3 covers(Harden, Butler and Thompson) but they said Harden was the National cover.

Harden, who graces Sports Illustrated's national cover this week.

Although they did also say

Subscribers and newsstands in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan will receive the Butler cover.

Subscribers and newsstands in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, California and Arizona will receive the Thompson cover.

If you are a subscriber, I could be wrong but I don't think there'd be a problem asking for a Harden cover instead of a Thompson/Butler one. Hell, you already paid for it.

13. Aleron

it's odd they'd give Arizona Thompson, Harden seemed to have almost as much support from his ASU groupies at that Suns game as the Suns did.

14. Kwame

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gtJlcwLoD9I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for the info, J.R. I didn't see all the fine print. I will call and ask for a Harden version. If not, I'll just tell them to send me one and bill me for it later. It just sucks.

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

rofl damn

17. Aleron

Klay Thompson's Warriors eh?

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf is this bull****.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I went around to a couple of places to try to pick up the issue -- could not find it anywhere just saw the Klay cover

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know what you're saying. Sampson was on the cover of SI 5 or 6 times, and we know how that eventually panned out. Yet maybe Harden will plow right through the jinx, leaving it in the dust, a distant memory. I sure hope so.

#60 Deckard, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015