1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com TOP 100 players of 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OpenLayup-Why3?, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tadow

Tadow Member

Draymond Green is pretty overrated... I mean he's good and all at the role he plays but he is not a better basketball player than
    (30) Dwyane Wade
    (29) Deandre Jordan
    (28) Dirk Nowitzki
    (27) Mike Conley
    (26) Klay Thompson
    (25) Serge Ibaka
    (24) Damian Lillard
    (23) Kyrie Irving
    (22) Chris Bosh
    (21) Al Horford
    (20) Paul George
    (19) Dwight Howard
    (18) Jimmy Butler
    (17) Kevin Love

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Would people really taking any of these guys over Dwight? Really? Other than DMC, of which I disagree with, anyways...

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ahh missing leonard and gasol. i think harden will end up at 4. and then he will end up at 4 next year with davis and curry switching spots. and the year after that durant and harden will go down a few spots because of a dip in production because of being on the same team in 2016 ;)

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This is my favorite part so far:

[​IMG]

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

WTF is Green doing in top 30??? SI obviously didn't watch the series I have in mind where enemies were doubling Steph and they started losing games, because no one on GSW could score when Steph was doubled half court. Green is a complimentary guy, not top 30 guy. Not even close.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Steph Curry over Anthony Davis lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

7. AFS

AFS Member

I dunno, usually he's not complimenting other people. ;)

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If the list didn't seem bull **** enough...

It not one way can I fathom Green being 10 spots ahead of Thompson. Thompson is clearly a superior talent.

Nor could I see how we would be considered a better player then any of the players that where listed behind him

Love
    Butler
    Howard
    George
    Horford
    Bosh
    Irving
    Lillard
    Ibaka
    Thompson
    Conley
    Dirk
    Jordan
    Wade
    Hayward
    Bledsoe
    Milsap
    Lowry
    Drummond

That's right, Green is better then all of those guys, ranked at ****ing 16.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Just because GSW won, doesn't mean they need to have their guys ranked high. They won because they had a great system, good coaching, great helth and guys who fit perfectly. I see nothing wrong with having Curry in top 10 and then no other warrior in top 30. They won not because of individuals. SI pls...

10. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

what no tristan thomspon:)

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This SI list is a joke, we go through this every year, lol.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why complain about Draymond and not complain about Kawhi? Kawhi is ranked way too high and Cousins way too low IMO.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Completely different level of talent. Draymond isn't top 50 and is ranked 16, Kawhi is probably top 20, but is ranked top 10. Both are wrong, but one is laughably wrong.

14. malakas

malakas Member

They are both learning to play the NBA game. Wiggins has many holes as well for example his handles, which are very hard to improve on. And then ofc defence - which is the same for all rookies.

BUT Giannis position is not something to get up in arms about in my opinion (as a Bucks fan) because at the start of theseason he wasn't even in the top 100. Now he's in my opinion around 80 or so but it doesnt matter. What matters is where he will be at the end of the next one, and if he's able to translate more of his skills and especially his playmaking on actual games.

What I'm more bothered by is the position of some others like Thaddeus Young (75) and Derron Williams. :rolleyes: Also Tiaggo Splitter 74?
    The joke is Kobe Bryant at 54.
    And Bogut is way too low as well.
    All the advanced stats show that Cousins' defence is way overrated. Combine this with the fact that he likes to take possesions off and his bad attitude plus he has demanded that he plays more pf next year.
    I would 100% prefer to have Draymond Green and Kawhi in my team right now if I wanted to win. Green can defend multiple positions can playmake and hes willing to do whatever it takes to WIN.

In my opinion also the Current Dirk is way too high in the list and so is Lillard.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

They are both learning to play the NBA game but only Giannis was recently learning how to play the game of basketball.

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Draymond Green is the perfect for for the GSW "system" - it makes him seem like he is a lot better than he actually is. Put him in a different system, he will struggle. Take Bogut away(way underrated as a defender), he will struggle.

Same with Klay Thompson. People forget that he is borderline atrocious when he is forced to put the ball on the floor.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Draymond's versatility creates that system as much as the "system" helps him. In other words, it's a chicken/egg argument. While he worked very well with Bogut behind him, they destroyed groups with Draymond at C with their small-ball unit (and no Bogut).

Draymond is the 2nd most valuable player on that team, no doubt. Klay is the more glossy #2 weapon, and is capable of some pretty impressive shooting/scoring feats (that 37pt quarter is still ridiculous to me), but from game to game, his value to that team is definitely less than Green's. Sure, his elite shooting would be missed, but his D (which is solid but overrated) is not even as good as several other wings on the team. He's an average shot-creator on his own, and Steph helps him far more than vice versa.

Green is one of the best post-defenders in the league, due to his positioning, strength/center-of-gravity, IQ and long arms. He's like Chuck Hayes but far better on that end (plus he can actually defend the perimeter as well). On O he's nothing special, but he'll contribute by spacing the floor, doing some garbage work and finding the open man.

I wouldn't have him in the top-20 but he would be in the 21-25 range. Klay would be around 30.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Defence and versatility are part of the game and it's what makes Green valuable. He offers something not many players can, and that's why he's so valuable.

Depends what you mean by the game of basketball?
    Do you mean handles? Because he has elite handles for his size. Playmaking? He's MUCH better than Wiggins on that front.
    Post game and shooting? A lot of young players have developing post games and have to improve their shooting when entering the league.
    So what have you seen in the court this year that makes you believe he doesn't know the basics of basketball that sets him apart from other prospects of his age?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Kawhi Leonard(28)
    9. Marc Gasol(16)
    8. Blake Griffin(10)
    7. Russell Westbrook(4)
    6. Chris Paul(3)
    5. James Harden(13)
    4. Steph Curry(8)
    3. Anthony Davis(4)
    2. Kevin Durant(2)
    1. LeBron James(1)