1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] Texans players Rip Houston Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 13, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Who cares? This is the same media that always calls Houston fair weather fans and blah blah blah. Really, who cares? I sure don't.

All of this is really just taking the focus of this disaster of a team right now and the people who are responsible.

2. strscrmron

strscrmron Member

I didn't cheer when Matt got hurt, but I despise self righteous sports fans how could you all cheer when he got hurt. Simple it's my right. What's the saddest thing about the whole situation is how politically correct everyone must be this is America and to everyone with these your the lowest or worst fans comments. F you from a real Texans fan.

#102 strscrmron, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clearly the fans are the reason for the Texans poor play. :grin:

You all need to keep your head up and keep battlefightin'.

As Mack Brown said, "keep coming (to the game). Let's beat Kansas City. ... Keep coming for the kids. Keep supporting the players. Come help beat Kansas City."

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh, bro, the fans could have no booed and I'd still feel the exact same way. Generally, trashiest group of losers in the city. Trash people. There are Dolphins with more IQ than the average person at Reliant on a Sunday.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's a difference between being called fair weather and being called classless idiots.

I'm sure the people cheering on the injury don't care... and likewise, they shouldn't care when people call them out on it.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

See the anguish and despair here, I am glad I don't give a **** about the over-rated Texans and NFL as a sport in general. It's all about the Rockets and the NBA

Hopefully radio shows like 790 can now focus on a real team like the Rockets and a real sport like BBall instead of focusing 95% on the Texans and the crap sport NFL

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well, the fans have been showing up to the games more than the Texans.... Jus saying.....

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes... The statistical odds of an abundance of idiots showing up out of a group of 70,000 is great regardless of the environment or whether the fans are from Houston, Boston, Seattle etc.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sorry... basketball doesn't become relevant in any NBA/NFL town till after the NFL is done... and even then, they get side-tracked by free agency and the draft.

Basically, you gotta wait till the NBA playoffs to have the stage all on basketball... and its basically the set-up of the NBA, where they make the regular season largely meaningless by allowing more teams to make the playoffs than not.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh my god you're acting like a whiny b****. There's no difference in generalizing an entire group of people based on a few idiots.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And again, those few idiots are the classless idiots I'm referring to.

13. Major

Major Member

Sure, it's your right. People have the right to be assholes - no one has said otherwise. It's also other people's right to call you out for being an *******.

1 person likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

fixed.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

70,000 scapegoats

2 people like this.
  16. Raven

Raven Member

Bingo!

1 person likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

Andre Johnson: "It's bad when members of the other team are saying that's messed up that they would do something like that. It just shows no class. It wasn't all the fans. But those are the same people that you're out somewhere with your family and you tell them they can't have an autograph right now, those are the same people that tell you you're rude. You don't cheer about nobody being injured -- I don't care who it is. Guys lay their bodies on the line out there on that field. Some guys get injuries, and it affects them their whole lives. To cheer about something like that, it just shows they have no class."

Duane Brown:

"We appreciate you loyal fans and the fans that stick by us -- I want to put that out there first," Brown said. "But for the fans that cheered when he got hurt, that's disgusting. You can feel how you want about him as a player, but this is his livelihood. This is how he provides for his family. When a man goes down and he's not able to get up and you're cheering, that's bad. It's all bad. You don't know what's wrong with him at that point. That could be the last play of his career. You don't know that. And for you to cheer and applaud that, I have no words for that.

It sure doesn't sound like the players were scapegoating anyone, let alone the entire stadium.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Aren't you an Aggie fan?

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its deflection of the bigger issue, how badly they sucked.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

once again - who cares. this is a non-story.

unless you're ready to give up the sport you don't have a leg to stand on.