1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] Texans players Rip Houston Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sounds like a bunch of idiots (yourself included) who don't know how bad the backup QB is. You were actually happy that Yates was coming in? Setting the injury stuff aside, that's just flat out stupid. Would love to have been around one of the drunk bastards at the game after TJ's second pick and seen what they had to say. I guess they may have been passed out by then though.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Are the players playing for free out there? I didn't know that.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Everyone is pissed off right and need outlets for letting that frustration out.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It really doesn't though. You'll hear about this nationally because it doesn't happen in every city.

Houston is reaching a new low of class...

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Players rip fans, say they should stay home.

Fans should rip players, saying they should stay home and not embarrass us out there. Team has been awful all season, and very well could be winless.

6. MystikArkitect

Maybe the players should blame Bob McNair for creating this culture of fans. What do they expect? If they want change and the only way of getting it is by injury then I don't understand why anyone's surprised by this.

7. Major

Major Member

Of course they don't. It doesn't change the fact that it makes them childish idiots, though.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did we pelt Santa?

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Relax everyone.

Rockets season starts in less than 20 days.

We're going to be 73-9.

Get ready for epicness.

;)

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... we cheered an injured player the second he went down.

Both are newsworthy... both are classless... both don't happen in "every city".

11. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Hey...I'm not going to deny that I was pleased when Shaub went out. It was a freaking leg injury...he was not carted off. He'll survive and it will not in any shape or form prevent him from being a husband and father. If it keeps his butt off the field, than good.

The players need to shut their mouths and make no comments on the people who pay thousands of dollars to make them rich. The players work for the fans who pay their salaries and if fans want to boo, then they have that right.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... and those fans should then accept the label as "classless idiots" and move on...

13. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Requote

14. Nook

Nook Member

I don't agree with cheering for a player being injured but this is far from the first time fans have cheered an injury and the situation with the Texans is absurd. This city loves football and it has been a history of "what if" and disapointment for nearly 50 years.

The fans see a passive ownership and front office that have been satisfied with the status quo for way too long. I don't blame Shaub, I blame the owner, GM and head coach. It is absurd that Kubiak has essentially been allowed to keep doing the same thing for years with success that is not equal to the talent on the roster.

Going to Shaub's house is bush league, cheering an injury is bush league... But not surprising knowing the circumstances.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I certainly wouldn't set that example for my kids.. cheering on an injury....

that said, Texans players shouldn't be saying anything.... especially not to show up.... uh, yeah, good idea guys, how about nobody watches you guys play and you don't get paid... sounds like a plan to 99.9% of all of your fans about now, whether they're disrespectfully cheering an injury or not

16. Major

Major Member

I'm pretty sure they can fill the stadium with non-idiot fans. It's not like they told everyone not to show up - just the idiots. From a business perspective, just about every business should happily dump ******* customers without thinking twice. It makes the environment better for the rest of the customers.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: Nook said it better.

#77 J.R., Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I doubt Uncle Bob will stop selling alcohol at the stadium. You don't think that had a part in the response? Oh yeah it did. On the other hand everyone in the stadium is not both drunk and heartless. The entire stadium didn't cheer, just some.

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Who gives a ****...fans can cheer for whatever the hell they wanna cheer for. If they wanna show up and be trolls then that's their right bc they PAID for a ticket.

that being said, its sad that an injury is what forces a change by this joke of a coach, im inclined to believe that many were cheering based off the fact that trolliak was finally making a change. Me, i thought it was pathetic that it took this for a change but i wasnt happy for it, everybody knows yates is just another schaub. Keenum probly wouldve thrown the same picks as well bc the qb problem in my eyes is 85% this predictable play calling coachs fault.

20. Raven

Raven Member

This is a critical point. The Texans could easily be 0-6, yet Bob McNair keeps sitting on his ass doing nothing.