1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] Texans players Rip Houston Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 13, 2013.

1. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

You are exactly the type of "fan" I look down upon. No neck having POS. Wishfully thinking a starter gets injured so a back-up can get some more shine. Wishing injury on anyone, especially one that plays a game of all things, is f****** pathetic. You are up there on the list of trash.

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Obviously we're not better than that, the fans did it...

3. Raven

Raven Member

Only the other team heard it.

;)

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

As opposed to someone who doesn't play a game? Like works in a factory? If I wished him a small foot injury that would be better? okay

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dear lord... it's so easy to call others "scum of the earth" "pathetic" "trash" etc over the internet.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The mob doesn't need any permission, it simply takes. It can be any part of classless or idiotic that it wants. By watching sports we all sign on to this membership. The only way is to abandon watching sports.

Look I'm not saying that watching sports is bad, it's just that I don't believe in any way that fans have to "check" themselves, or that there should be some kind of proper etiquette to it. I mean you're yelling at a message board, or at your TV. I've been in the room countless times and heard a friend saying something like, "that injury (on the other team) was a HUGE break for us!" Doesn't mean they should feel guilty. It's the nature of the beast. You don't want the mob mentality? Then don't watch sports. I've siphoned myself off largely except for the Rockets now. The best cure for fantasy football is the stock market, the ultimate fantasy sport. And in that one, you actually are REWARDED for thinking differently than the mob.

I don't think there's any turning back for me now.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Texans fandom has become politics at this point. Those who would like to excuse the cheering claim that it never happened, it's being misconstrued, the players are wrong, etc etc.

I'll reduce the psycho-social analysis to this:

Sports are for entertainment. There's a wide world out there.. let's go get some fresh air.

8. tallanvor

I can tell you everyone at the bar I was at was thrilled when Schaub was getting his foot taped and Yates got to come in. Again nobody has pointed out how a small foot injury is worse for Schaub then getting benched?

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the players are mad...they should do something about it...Drunk, and angry fans are rarely ever going to be politically correct. High expectations not being fulfilled once again crushes the city...and certain idiotic fans ruin the rep of a city...

Superbowl or bust...

Right now this season is a bust!

Realistically and based off recent trends:
    Current record: 2-4
    Loss Next week vs KC
    Bye
    Loss
    Win
    Loss
    Win
    Loss
    Win
    Loss
    Loss
    Loss

I cant believe that this team has a shot at being 5-11 wow...Im giving zero credit against the better NFL teams and a chance that we beat the worst team in football twice in the Jags

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm willing to concede that the reaction would have been different if Schaub was taken off on a stretcher. I also admit that fans have every right to be upset with this team and its results.

However, everyone is just defining their own "fan morality" at this point and we're never going to settle on a consensus. All I know is that, principally speaking, cheering injured athletes is never at the top of the list of "good sportsmanship".

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To them, everyone at that bar lacks good moral character. But of course, they won't tell that to them in person at the bar. It would have to be through a message board.For itt is in a message board where these posters become the White Knights of humanity.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I didn't believe it, but if that's true. Horrible act shown by the fans. Hell Schaub played decent today.

13. tallanvor

its not the fact that Schaub is injured that the fans are cheering, they are cheering because a new QB gets to try. Nobody takes pleasure in Schaub's foot being hurt they take pleasure in what comes from it.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know many of you agree with the players that this is embarrassing, disrespectful and unbelievably angering, but right now anything Texans is embarrassing, disrespectful and unbelievably angering.
    So whatever.
    What pisses me off are a bunch of millionaires defending their QB's hurt foot instead of getting on his case about a hurt team.

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Any major city is certain to have its fair share of morons. Similar to KC last season. Its important to remember these people are just a loud minority.

Just a sad state of affairs all around for Houston football.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

good grief, fans are irrational in the moment, who cares

17. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I just got home from the game and I was so freaking angry when I heard a good amount of the fans cheer when Schaub went down.

I would guestimate about 30 to 35 % of the stadium cheered Schaubs injury.

Just pathetic!

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This is the NFL and this type of stuff happens in every city. Going into this game the way the fans were ripping Schaub this is no surprise at all.

19. Grinds

Grinds Member

Watt didn't say that.

20. Grinds

Grinds Member

Agreed. McNair is partially to blame for having certain people in place to begin with.