1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SI.com: Fans confront Schaub at his home

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 8, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Hey free agents, ever consider Houston?

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Well, the Chronicle essentially advertising Schaub's home address on their front page certainly didn't help.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First the Yao stalkers and now this.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because Houston has a complete monopoly on dumb fans... no way something like this could happen anywhere else. :rolleyes:

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Don't like how schaub is playing lately but its a freaking game. Going into his house n putting him, his wife, n children in danger is not cool. Those idiots don't represent texannation. Hope they pay. Pulling for matt to do well now. Feel bad for the guy.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

what a douche

8. The Cat

Why, exactly, because one or two people are total nutjobs? If you base your whole outlook on trying to show up one or two completely demented people (the likes of which exist in any fanbase, any city, any country), that seems a little silly.

I mean, fans shouldn't do this and they're obviously complete idiots... but a "Clutch City" effect for the city of Houston to show up a couple of mindless losers? Seems like a stretch. Dumb people are dumb and the police/security will do their jobs and take care of it. Doesn't change how I feel about Matt Schaub as quarterback of the Texans.

#108 The Cat, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Every game was a sellout during our 2-14 season.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

A JOKE??? What the F was funny about that? I REALLY would like to know. Where is this so-called courage you speak about? Is this what the voices in your head told you? What if his wife or one of his kids had gotten hurt? Would that be funny to you DD? Or how about some good ol' tooted up Texas boy exercising his NRA rights and popping off a few rounds at his windows - hilarious, right? Of all the stupid and inane posts you have made over the years, that absolutely had to be the most DUMBASS one yet.

Sorry, DD but this crosses a line here and sets a dangerous precedent. The next step is physical violence toward athletes when they don't win enough for our collective satisfaction and that is no joking matter.

11. ima_drummer2k

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This is actually going to help Schaub a lot by moving some of the fan sympathy over to him this Sunday. Because I'll let you guys know a pretty obvious secret, Schaub was going to get booed the moment he ran out onto the field this Sunday. I now have a feeling he's going to come out to standing cheers.

One pick though any everything changes. :)

1 person likes this.
  13. The Cat

Exactly. It blows my mind. People are letting one unconfirmed report about one or two mindless idiots completely change their perspective on what they want from the Texans as a football team. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

What's funny is that people are actually giving the village idiot more power by letting him influence how they feel about things.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

*Sigh* Ahhh, that's nice. :rolleyes:

15. ima_drummer2k

I don't think condemning what these idiots did necessarily means you've changed your mind about how Schaub is playing. Pretty much everyone here is saying "I know he sucks, but this is over the line." Can't really argue with that, can you?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This franchise has sucked for most of its existence...they've sold out every home game they've ever had, and there's a waiting list for season tickets. It's absolutely a football city.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I doubt anyone has changed their mind about how horrible Matt Schaub has been just because of this. We all want him to succeed because, well, that means the texans are winning. No one's betting it's going to happen.

18. The Cat

This has almost swung the pendulum back to me wanting Schaub to succeed.

I wanted Schaub gone, now I'm desperately praying Schaub balls out for his own sake.

I hope this turns into a clutch city texans version after all this. Schaub has been complete garbage but this is too far.

Makes me almost wish that he tears it up on Sunday.

I hope Matt succeeds because it would probably mean the team wins. But I don't think he will, and repeated boos and obvious frustration from the fanbase can be a powerful agent for change. If fans show up "rah rah" on Sunday and the rest of the season, you know exactly how Bob and Gary will take it, and it's not what this franchise needs.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There is no point in arguing with homeristic fans because they all think that critical fans are bandwagoneers.

I've been following the Texans since inception and have had season tickets for 8 years, but I'll get labeled a bandwagoneer since I will boo the Texans during the game when they play poorly. I boo because I want there to be a change, and booing lets McNair know that the fans are not happy with what's going on. We are always going to keep buying tickets and going to games, but booing is the only way for real fans to let McNair know we are not happy with the current product.

20. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Haven't read the entire thread yet....I'm going to guess these fans were mexicans (no offense swolly:p)