1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[si.com] Cubs-Astros shifted to Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by magnetik, Sep 13, 2008.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

talk about a crappy decision... The brewer fans are obviously going to be against the Stro's.. and milwaukee is too close to Chicago. I smell something bad. Go Stro's.. don't lose the fire.

if it's been posted please lock it up. thx.

Link

2. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I wonder if they considered the Rangers ballpark. The Rangers are on the road.

3. msn

msn Member

traveshamockery.

4. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Selig is sticking it to the 'Stros again, as he did during the '05 WS with the mandatory open roof issue.

He's a total dip****.

5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Pardon the conspiracy theorist in me, but I think we're seeing a good reason why a league commisioner should not be able to have vested interest in a team while acting as commisioner. And please do not refer to Milwaukee as a "Neutral Site" again. Milwaukee is the home of the team the Astros trail by 2.5 games in the wild card and is a short hour and a half drive from Chicago.

Then again, this decision could be simply a revenue decision on the parts of both the Astros and the Cubs. Playing the game anywhere other than Milwaukee, Houston, or Chicago would lead to significantly less tickets purchased. It just stinks that the financial repercussions of 2 out of 162 games outweighs the need to provide a fair playing field for a team in a playoff race late in the season.

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I hope we sweep it up.. it will be easier to forget about this mess.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Of course the commish born in Milwaukee, thats a former owner of the Milwaukee Brewers, would want a "neutral" game played in Milwaukee.

The Indians did play their season opener in Milwaukee last year due to snow, but still...

8. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Selig screwed us. I cant believe they have the nerve to call it a neutral site. Granted there is something bigger than baseball going on, but I think the fairest thing to do could have just let them play in Arlington or any other city in the West that wasn't having a home game.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Round Rock.

DD

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think this is one the best expressed summaries of what has taken place. Great assessment, Deuce.