1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] Brooks Helps Fuel Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by halfling131, Nov 28, 2009.

1. halfling131

halfling131 Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/11/17/brooks.rockets/index.html

gotta love the timing of this article. I'd argue that brooks has been pretty inconsistent lately, but hey if he's hot the team is hot too. Really need to get him back on track.

2. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Haha the timing of the article is pretty comical. Brooks has shown flashes of brilliance but his inconsistency is hurting us.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I didn't read the article, but the title is spot on. For the Rockets to be any good, Brooks has to be a more potent offensive player. He's been piss-poor the last two games, and the Rockets don't have enough otherwise to make up for it against good teams.

4. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

How can a person be consistent when he is taken out for full quarters?

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Because his play when he starts the game is not that good? Same for third quarter?? Though to be fair he did score the last 7 points of the 2nd quarter against the Spurs. Combination of a slumping shooter, defenses adjusting, and Brooks own growing pains.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He is spending too much time just trying to drive to the basket or shooting 3 point shots.

He needs to set up his drives with the Stop and Pop. He has such a great mid range shot and he is so quick that when gets a defender moving back he can stop and pop with great results. It is usually automatic.

7. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

There are times that I think he is just trying to hard thinking he has to make good quickly. You know its on me attitude :grin: He just needs to slow down and trust the other players more. I agree with Crash more stop n pop is needed

But after the 3rd quarter shooting last night ??

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Brooks is overrated. I feel at this point in time the love affair has worn off with his 3 point or drive inside moves, which apparently means he can "create his own offense" to 50% of Clutchfans forum members. When Alston was here he thought it wise to show some mid-range game to compete and since Alston left Brooks feels he can simply get by with the minimum. I think a trade is inevitable.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt, he was not the problem, we need his scoring, if you want to put in Lowry and push it...then leave Brooks in too.

DD

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is overrated by quite a few here. I think he does not feel that he can get away with the minimum. He lacks confidence and doesn't know what to do against better teams, which is evident by his body language on the court.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I dunno about questioning his work ethic. Anyone who watches the games knows he is doing much better at PG stuff than he was last year. He is also new to that aspect and is making a lot of mistakes. So while you may question his current ability, I dont think work ethic is the right angle to take on this.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Ah, now it makes sense.
    The SI jinx.

Hopefully, it will wear off soon.