1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shumpert injury / damaged goods?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 28, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah the cf's theme is to always be unimpressed and have a Debbie downer view on things, no matter what

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's not even what "something has got to give" means. It means, something has to break. You mean, someone has to get fired?

Your meaning is that you want to find someone to blame, because you feel Shumpert sucks. So you want to figure out whether to blame "the staff," or MDA, or Morey.

Why do you want to blame someone or, more precisely, what has to give and why does it have to give? Because you don't like one of the Rockets players?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

something I've gotten use to but still its pretty sad to see. there always has to be something at all times.

Williamson likes this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ever notice that it's the f'ing trolls who start the most threads? Because they are unhappy and they need to let it out and try to share it with the happy people they are jealous of?

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I am encouraged by this streak, even if its only 3 games long. A month ago we lose against the Hornets and Hawks. The one thing this team has not been good at is maintaining its resolve when it loses a lead - in both of these games they caught opponents that were playing well, and both are pretty good teams (the Hornets were down by 7 with three and a half mins to go against the Warriors just a few days back and gave them all they could handle). These are all good teams and we are managing to win games through strong defense, good rebounding, better ball movement than we've had, and keeping our head up when things dont go our way. I am hopeful we keep this up over the next few games and that this team builds a strong team ethic, especially as we head into the playoffs.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why did you ask what I meant when you have your own explanation ?

It's a colloquial expression and somethig has to give could also mean that we are due for some injury luck . (Ie staying healthy )

Yes I think there are other factors besides "luck" at play when it comes to our health .

I don't know if someone needs to be fired . But I would like to figure out the source and change whatever policy we have in place

I don't know if shumpert sucks yet . He hasn't been healthy enough to show anything . But he sat out to deal with a lingering injury he had before coming to the rockets . That means either we didn't catch it on the physical (in which case our training staff sucks) ...... or we knew about it and determined it was an acceptable risk .... now that is either on Morey or on tilman because maybe the trade was made regardless of on-floor value due to save LT .

Is it a problem to want to try to get to the bottom of something ?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

can you imagine the outrage if it was flipped and it was a 3 game losing streak :eek:

the sky is falling crew would be going nuts

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Now all innocent. "What? I was just asking if he was damaged goods, not in a negative way, just in a search for understanding. . . ."

And so you said "something has got to give" like "Pretty soon luck's gonna go our way and someone's gonna not be injured!" I see. But!
    You do think the injury issue is not merely luck.
    I think it is pretty easy to know that Shumpert missed games this season while he was in Sacramento. I think we should assume that the Rockets were aware of that. Were you?

So you're wondering if Shumpert sucks and you wanted to let everyone know.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Shumpert's career is going to have to take a dramatic turn if he wants a franchise to give him any statues

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No . Read my OP again .

I was "asking" .... although I definitely inserted some of my own opinion into the question that's for sure .

I dunno if shumpert sucks yet ... but now given that he has been inured , and it appears to be a lingering issue from earlier in the season .... I'm wondering what the rockets were considering in making a move for shumpert .

If this injury is something that popped up on the Physical , does it not start to raise questions about why we traded for him ?

I thought shumpert was supposed to be a big pierce for us . After all , anyone who said bad things about the shumpert trade gets the "knight sucks , Chriss sucks , Ennis sucks " line .... and has their argument reduced to "you think tilman is cheap"

And I think in theory shumpert could be a good move . BUT , if he was injured and the rockets knew it ... does that shift the trade from being about getting an upgrade AND LT savings , to being simply about LT savings .

And you are right I don't think the injury issues this year are solely luck . There have just been too many . I think it's an effect of MDA's short rotations ... and then one could argue the short rotations are an effect of roster depth (but I would disagree / at least not agree fully )

11. gogispade

gogispade Member

I would take "goods" out of threads name

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aw! If you say "Shumpert sucks" people react the same as when you say "knight sucks , Chriss sucks , Ennis sucks "? How sad for you.
    Now you want MDA to get fired.
    Obviously you would be a terrible member of the Rockets organization, but you and I are just internet guys trying to get people fired.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't know how you are reaching that conclusion .

For the record I think the driving force of our trade deadline was tilman ... and ain't nobody firing him .

I'd rather MDA and Morey make changes to their behavior than fire them because of a small part of their strategy I disagree with

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Really? You want Morey and MDA to "make changes to their behavior"?
    You are officially a troll.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You are the one telling anyone who questions anything to go find a different team to root for .

You're the one following me from thread to thread and calling me a dickwad ... so I'd say it's more likely that you are the troll

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Following you? You started the thread. If you don't want responses, don't start threads, moron. Do you have any concept of what this message board is about?

Yeah, you are a d!ckwad. "If Paul gets hurt, should MDA be fired." Go F yourself.