1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Shumpert injury / damaged goods?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 28, 2019.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Shumpert is an expiring contract.

While he may be of some value on the court, that isn't the main motivation for acquiring him. It allowed us to dump millions of $$ and get Tilman under the tax line.

Sad but true

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Dude Fredette is not an NBA player. He’s small, slow, and cannot put the ball on the floor. He might hit some open shots here and there but he his time on the floor will invariably result in net negative ratings.

Richie_Rich and lionaire like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The benefit of these injuries is if they keep up it will give the team cover when they don't re-sign him and just let that money fall off the books.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Shumpert is new knight.
    Expensive formular = 11 million dollars + 2 picks

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Big names win championships

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, Misty Rowe was, uh, inspiring.

Hey, you had it easy. When my dad dumped me off at the farm with my gramma and step-grandfather, I had to watch "Hee Haw" and "The Lawrence Welk Show". Sure, I was a kid, but you haven't known suffering until you've been forced to watch Lawrence Welk. The U.S. should have used it in interrogation techniques down in Gitmo and other black ops sites: "No, not Lawrence Welk, I'll talk, I'll tell you anything!"

My apologies but since no one knows anything about Shumpert anyway, why not derail this thread?

Invisible Fan, payaso and alethios like this.
  8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Is he healthy?

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm starting to wonder if that actually made him MORE appealing to the Rockets. If they'd traded Knight and those picks for a player with an expiring contract who actually contributed, there'd be pressure to resign him. With a bust like Shumpert who can't even stay out of street clothes half the time, it allows them to let him walk this summer and do the same crap they did last offseason where they just sign a bunch of guys for the minimum and see if anyone can stick.

10. payaso

payaso Member

"HEY GRAMPA - WHAT'S FOR SUPPER?"

:D

11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

At the end of the day the trade basically got us out of Knight’s contract (Anderson’s contract finally). Shumpert playing good is just a bonus. Which he hasn’t. He was the 9th man last night...

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Who really cares... dude is an expiring..... we just need to wait until March 23rd to get House back.

Can't wait.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stop the negativity! Luxury Tax Saving is 100% healthy!

Little Bit likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What do you mean, "something has got to give?"

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I honestly can't believe some of the things you guys find to complain about. The Rockets are winning. I'm definitely hoping Shumpert will get healthy and be able to contribute down the home stretch but it isn't the end of the world if he can't either.

Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What about Cash Considerations ?

Is he good for 15 minutes?

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I mean with the extent of injuries we've suffered this season , something other than "luck" has to be at work . Whether that's training staff , MDA's rotations , our roster depth, or Morey taking risks on injury prone players

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets have won 3 straight games. That's not exactly impressive. It's been 2 months since they had a longer winning streak.

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Ennis was actually better than this guy. Shump is just trying not to get hurt this year hoping someone is dumb enough to offer him a multi year in the offseason. He was taking a ton of games off for load management with the Kings earlier this year as well.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We've gone from 10th to 5th. You don't do that without winning a whole lot more games than you're losing. Who cares if they're in long streaks or if they win 2-3 then lose 1 and repeat? Doesn't really matter. They're winning and I expect them to win more and more now that the key pieces are finally all getting healthy.

Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.