1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Yao suit up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dirk_Diggler, May 15, 2009.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler Contributing Member

W/E... dude, it is a hairline fracture, not a break

McHale
    Pierce
    many MANY football players

Tape it with ... medical tape
    get a cortizone shot

play ... it's not a fraking broken foot ... it is a hairline fracture

I dont want to push the issue, but i can virtually guarantee if it was the Olymipcs he would play

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i would like hi to suit up and play ONLY if we ran out of players because of fouls or ejections which is like 0.1% of happening.

3. RUDYG

RUDYG Member

Should Yao suit up? Yes in a calvin murphy suit

4. Dirk_Diggler

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

real-egal,

First, it is not completely broken as some people are thinking, he could play if the game is the NBA finals, secondly, it is not about how much an important for fans who want Yao to play, it is how important for him, it is a life time chance he may never have again. If I am Yao, I will play in such a case.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

The Rox don't need Yao in this series. Rox play better with him against Lakers.

However, in case they get into the conference finals, yao will be great help against Nuggets. For some reasons, Nuggets front court seems be afraid of yao.

7. Vivid

Vivid Member

To motivate his team and throw off the Lakers... it would be like a movie. Just don't put him in... I envision the scene where Miles gets hit in the knee from Friday Night Lights, not cool.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the Rockets have a better shot of winning it without him. Not that they are a "better" team, in general, without him, or even that they should be favored in game 7 either way, but against this Lakers team they may have a better shot playing loose and free.

9. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I was at game 3 and did not notice Yao limping, but I did see a highlight of it. And somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they originally tentatively diagnose it as an ankle injury? The injury obviously caused enough pain for Yao to be limping around. So, why would we want him to play? What good is a gimpish Yao limping up and down the court with no ability to plant, cut, or spin on one foot going to be to the Rockets?

10. clutch11

clutch11 Member

If Rockets beat LA, I hope Yao can play the 1st game against Denver to get HCA.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would love it to happen. In fact, here's the script. Leave him in the locker room. Don't tell the team he's gonna dress. Team goes out to start the game. If we have the mo and get to going, let him stay back there. Wait until there is a lull. He is dressed and comes walking out to join the bench, right in the middle of game action, not during a time out, but right during game action. 7'6" dressed in red comes walking out of the tunnel and goes to the scorer's table to check in at the next dead ball. That would be so kick'n. I don't care if he played 5 minutes. Have it set up so that when they are going to Bynum, he comes out and checks in. 5 minutes, get him the ball and get him 2-3 shots. I think it would stoke us and screw with the Lakers big time. What would put it over the top is if he got a bucket.

But only if the game was within reach.

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

13. Dirk_Diggler

Excellent script ... Lakers will be having their buttholes pucker up anyway ... This would just add to that effect

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL ... I can imagine George Karl (maybe Don Nelson) attempt a little bit of gamesmanship, but not our venerable Rick Adelman.

15. SeeingRocketRed

Yao is a warrier, and if you asked him to, he'd do it. But let's not jeopardize his health. This isn't the finals. It's not desperate. The Rockets are going to need a healthy Yao next year to push for another championship, so the answer is a resounding no.

16. Dirk_Diggler

Very few of you are listening ... I do not think we will be this close again for a long time
    Yao is gonna get hurt in the same way for years to come

Strike while the iron is hot ... Use ALL the bullets in your gun when you can

Beat the Lakers then worry about the Nuggets after

17. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

???? where is your logic? How do you figure we wont be this close again? You never know how the ball will roll! WE just want them to beat the Lakers really bad because we all hate them!!

18. Dirk_Diggler

Gut instinct
    Past injury history
    Future FA signing possibilities

A variety of reasons

19. lalala902102001

Remember what happened in the 3rd quarter in game 3? Yao missed a few point blank shots around the basket. If you watch carefully, it was because he had no lift on those shots due to his foot injury. Yes Yao can probably play with a bad foot, but he won't nearly as effective as he would be if he were healthy. It would be like TMac's impact on the team earlier in the year -- an injured star is actually worse to the team than no star.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

With a healthy Yao and tmac(or whoever we get by trading tmac) plus this team right here we will be the champion next year.

Dont give up what you want most, for what you want now.