1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we try to sign both Brook Lopez and Eric Gordon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Slack, Mar 18, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah because Charlie V. and Gordon actually stay healthy.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes this is a very bad idea, the tankers have a better plan.

These two have mediocrity written all over them, although i think both of them could be spectacular bench firepower at the right price.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'm not a huge Morey defender, but, I'd rather stick with what we got than invest a lot of time and salary into more injury prone guys.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

and he still isn't..

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

better options will be available via trade.. not sayin we'll land a superstar...but better than Gordon n Lopez....

6. thino

thino Contributing Member

this!

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Really? What are we? The Milwaukee Bucks? Is this how far we've fallen? Eric Gordon and Brook Lopez are the big names we are actually hoping for? Good lord.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Other than Deron Williams, there are frankly not many free agents better than these two on the market

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We will just stand pat or make trades if we can't get d-will, and wait til 2013

Giving big money to mediocre players is a losing strategy.

1 person likes this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's why we shouldn't even be trying to build through free agency (especially when our biggest free agent signings in the last 15 years have been Pippen, Stromile Swift and Trevor Ariza). We will ONLY be able to rebuild through the draft. But in order to do that, Les and Morey are going to have to come to that realization as well and tear this team apart and start over from the ground up. They should have done this years ago. Instead, our actual goal is to barely squeak into the playoffs in a league in which more than half of the teams go to the playoffs - and we, as fans, have apparently been reduced to dreaming of a Gordon/Lopez duo. Good christ we've hit rock bottom.

#30 Williamson, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Agree 100%

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I propose spending cap space on Wallace and Lopez.

I'd keep Sammy D, sign Lopez to play PF where he actually has a size advantage.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't see an NBA team having any chance at success if Brook Lopez is their cornerston. He is no better than a bench player that can score. He has poor defense and can't rebound.

I would like Eric Gordon.

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Should get Gordon once we move K-Mart

get Humphries to replace Scola.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We would still suck, genuinely suck not mediocrity suck

Scola>Humphries

Gordon at his size is a bench player and will get grossly overpaid

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

Gordon is a pretty clutch scorer... really physical to make up for his lack of size, and loves to attack the rim looking for contact. That being said, idk if he can be the guy or number 2 on a championship team, i just haven't seen enough of him, anyone else want to enlighten me more on his game?

17. plates300

plates300 Member

no thanks on Gordon or Lopez. Neither are superstars and we still would be stuck on the mediocrity treadmill.

18. thekad

thekad Member

Man, this thread is depressing. I wonder if this is how Pistons fans felt when they found out they were going after Charlie V and Ben Gordon in 09.

19. seyton

seyton Member

Ben Gordan & Charlie Vanillawaffer.

20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Lopez is a bad rebounder but couldn't he play pf where his rebounding wouldn't be as damaging? Maybe scoop up kaman if price is right (that is if they amnesty scola)...then trade Martin in a sign and trade with hornets for Gordon...Gordon turned down an offer of 45 mill from them and martins contract would be something I'm sure they would take on if he can finish this year strong (considering they where willing to trade for him earlier)...then again perhaps we could pick up kaman and add montenegro (would be excellent front court)