1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we start posting up Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Shall we post up Lin more?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2013.
  1. Yes, I want to see the "Lin Shake"!

49 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. Yes, have Mchale, Yao and Dream teach him some post moves

24 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Maybe

19 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. No, better to have him attack from the outside and dish

58 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

This would add another dimension to his already very good passing game. Imagine him backing up a defender, another defender comes to double him, he throws a bounce past to a cutting big men for a slam.

3. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

This can't be a serious question.

4. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

incredibly cold in MN

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Images of Mark Jackson backing it in and sucking the air out of the offense flashes through my eyes.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I would love for anyone in the Rockets team to start developing and using some post moves.

Lin wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think the way the organization is trying to run the offense sort of looks down on plays designed to enable post moves. The only player that stays close to the post is the one usually playing the center position and while having post moves would enable Lin or Harden to be able score better when contested in the post aside flinging a shot up and praying for a foul call, I don't think they are going to risk it due to turnover issues. .

7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

damn, it's gonna be tough searching for that vid bearut i'll try to find it even if it i have to watch all of his highlights over again lol. D'Antoni said it at half-time. he said something like, "There's a way to postup, but that's not how we do it."

Lin also did a post up move when he was on the Reno Dleague team during his GS rookie year. won't be able to track that one down though.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's simply no floor spacing for it. If you look at other players that have post up point guards, DWill had Okur, Mark Jackson had Rik Smits, Gary Payton had Sam Perkins. These teams could spread the floor for these PGs. The Rockets have Asik who isn't even money 2 feet from the basket.

9. breakmon

breakmon Member

I think we should have Lin teach Asik some post moves. Let's be honest, Lin is the best low post player we have but we need him at the PG position. Asik, meanwhile, has the size but is not quite at Lin's skill level. This could be the great exchange.

10. Viola

Viola Member

good try troll

11. breakmon

breakmon Member

I'm not even trolling. Show me a better low post player on the Rockets.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sure, and because Asik passes well out of the P&R, let's just have the two switch places. Omer brings the ball up the court and gets a good entry pass to Lin in the paint -- guaranteed success! :rolleyes:

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Carroll Dawson will do much better.