1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we start posting up Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Shall we post up Lin more?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2013.
  1. Yes, I want to see the "Lin Shake"!

49 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. Yes, have Mchale, Yao and Dream teach him some post moves

24 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Maybe

19 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. No, better to have him attack from the outside and dish

58 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. PeppermintCandy

He could probably break out his postup skills against Aaron Brooks when the Rockets play the Kings. Maybe vs. Curry and the Warriors too.

2. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Lin vs Minnesota - watch 2nd half where Lin has a nice postup move against José Juan Barea.

I'm always pro taking advantage of miss matches. Guess what, Rockets playing them tonight. Mchale - make it happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UE1txeIZ5w

3. tburris872

tburris872 Member

Jeremy Lin Posting up

It looked like he was just showing up lil Nate Robinson, cause that guy was trying to bully Jeremy for some stretches of the game. Nate does like to get up in peoples faces; he may not try anything with the likes of Kobe or some other established player, but he will try to get physical and trash talk who ever he sees as an easy mark.

4. conquistador#11

like the coaching staff needs more things to think about!
    mark, mama there goes that man, used to back it up, so did kidd in his earlier days. it's completely normal.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I wasn't sure Lin should post up more until I saw one of the options. -- 'Yes, I want to see the "Lin Shake"!'

And that crack me up. Heck, why not!! :grin:

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

That is good. That is how you get respect in the NBA. Guys will start to pick on you have to fight back. The NBA isn't kind to young players unfortunately particularly new guys & there are a lot of immature NBA players to be frank. And when you had as much popularity as Lin did last year it is tougher.

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

8. rob1

rob1 Member

wow really

9. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

Here you go. :)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BEpMSdeglmM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. VanityHalfBlack

Was this video shot through an hourglass????

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Generally, no. But last night after I saw him score on Robinson in the post, I was thinking, "Hey, they should post up Lin against the shorty. No way Nate can stop that."

12. Wizardsonlyfan

Maybe he should learn some post up moves.

When he's in his 30s.

13. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Funny this thread popped up. I watched Lin back down their guard last night and thought...wow he's got the size, and he's got the moves. More of that !

A really different look for certain situations.

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

That's a psychedelic interview right there..

15. Jedster

Jedster Member

I'm about 6'2.5" and I developed shooting first, but in pickup games, I always have to play C. It's very annoying but it forced me to develop some post moves and hook shots.

It's funny...I get into arguments with my teammates (who are friends) all the time about how I want to play SF, but nobody lets me, and they give me dirty looks if I refuse to plant myself in the paint and rebound. I just tell them being C hurts your back and gives you whiplash.

Anyway, back to the point...I'm not surprised Lin has post moves...even if they aren't as refined as a genuine C.

16. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Ive seen Lin do some post up moves with the knicks against smaller players and maybe once against a guard with similar height. I dont think he pulls that out unless he knows he can pull it off for sure on someone guarding him.

17. jocar

jocar Member

"acid flashback"

18. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

not at this point in his career....

Needs to stick with what's worked for him, driving and dishing...

Long term, he needs to get a mid range game like Sam Cassell. Mid to low post, bump the defender and smoke the mid range J! ;)

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nate's energy is distorting the reality around him!

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

He had a post up game in college which they utilized quite often. It's no wonder he seemed pretty comfortable down there for the first post move of the year. Regardless though, there are far more things to work on than Lin's post up game.