1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we look to Jeremy Lin to be our closer as opposed to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 11, 2013.

?

Should Jeremy Lin be our closer instead of James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

50.8%
  2. No, Beardsanity > Linsanity.

49.2%
  1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

"yet" means that they will do that in the future. Highly unlikely as most rookies in the NBA never get anywhere near that. In fact, what Lin did happens very rarely, and he has duplicated it several times now (even when the whole world knows his game).

So just slapped your sophomoric logic to the 8th row. Go get the ball.

2. conquistador#11

move ball, let the ball find the open shooter. I don't like the ball hiding in harden's beard.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously is that how simple your thought process works? I state Lin didn't need Harden to be effective and you assume I follow basketball because only when Asians play ball?

4. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Harden did have the last shot. That's why we went to 2 overtimes. Your Houston public education slip is showing.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

How does games where Harden was outscoring Lin have anything to do with Lin scoring 38 against the Spurs when Harden was out? What attention did Harden attract when he never stepped foot on the court when Jeremy scored 38 against the Spurs that game someone pointed out?

6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Harden played less selfish. Give Harden credit for that. It also be whatever the defense gives, like if a double team or triple team is on Lin/Harden, I would want them to pass it out find the open man. Also take into consideration who is playing well and who has the hot hands at the moment.

7. Peregrine01

Peregrine01 Member

Quite frankly, it wouldn't have made a damn difference if Harden was healthy tonight. He still would've ran the clock down, dribbled the ***** out of the ball at the top of the key and put up a very low percentage shot.

Unless he stops playing like this, damn near anything would be better than giving him the ball.

Real talk.

8. King901

King901 Member

I forgot Lin was the best player in the league. When Monta Ellis came up from the D league were you praising him or did he not matter. Lance Stephenson came from nothing and has done well. He's had some high scoring games, does that mean he is rare too? The better thread title should have been who would yall rather have starting a team lin or harden. It would have shown how idiotic some of yall are.

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

Cuz if Harden gets the ball, there is a good chance he won't give it to the hot hand. This is a legitimate concern.

10. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

^^Forgot to put my answer lol...I would pick Harden, He is a lot more talented than Lin. Problem I think with Harden is he takes tough/bad shots, but he is talented enough to make those tough/bad shots. Hero when he makes them, but those are bad shots when he misses.

11. King901

King901 Member

He pointed out that lin actually did something well. Harden has done a lot more than lin has. Pulling up scores where Harden has outscored Lin would have shown that.

12. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

It's his way of inflating Harden's influence.

13. King901

King901 Member

didn't lin shoot a double clutch three pointer and miss? Ok thanks

14. linsomnia

linsomnia Member

It's a legitimate question, for example Jack was the closer in Golden State last year not Curry. Harden was the closer in OKC not Durant or Westbrook.

I think Lin should get the ball late in games but when that happens they need to run action to get Harden on the move (or vice versa). Don't want Lin iso either.

15. howo13579

howo13579 Member

It's true Lin got the benefit of Harden being there but he's well capable of making his own opportunity. I rather have Lin controls the ball in crunch time and draw defender away from Harden. If Harden's open the ball will be there. Instead of ISO low percentage step back Js, Harden can cut inside for lay ups, pass to another open man, shoot wide open shots. I'll even prefer Bev run the offense than Harden ISO.

16. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Whoever has the hand. No option no vote

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are straying from your initial premise that Lin wouldn't do much without Harden. No where did anyone mention that Harden couldn't do much without Lin. The onus is on you to prove your point kid.

18. Peregrine01

Peregrine01 Member

Hate to break it to you, but those are always bad shots. Fans remember the makes way more than they do the misses but if you actually take a look at the percentages over the long-term, they're pretty ugly.

19. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Are you going to conveniently ignore where Harden has been given the green light as the first option and his many more minutes? I can't believe that even you don't take that into consideration.

20. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

King man stop instigating....just enjoy this win