1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we look to Jeremy Lin to be our closer as opposed to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 11, 2013.

?

Should Jeremy Lin be our closer instead of James Harden?

1. Yes, Harden makes me soften.

50.8%
  2. No, Beardsanity > Linsanity.

49.2%
  1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Do you mean making him play off the ball? what exactly would be a good play to get him good looks?

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

play off the ball and have him come off of screens ready to attack the lane. set multiple picks for him when he does have the ball, pnr's (with another player that the D can't just leave alone).. etc. anything BUT have him pound the ball in iso at the top of the key for 20 seconds and shoots a step back 3 or pass off at the last second. harden is most effective going to the basket - the lane is not going to be there when the D has time to set up and is ready for him.

3. ChippedToothLin

Lin could be our closer

when Harden's out

4. Play07

Play07 Member

on 790 mchale was asked about parsons comments yesterday, he replied saying he tells harden all the time he will be a better player playing off the ball, coming off screens, moving around on offense then slash, get the ball and drive quick vs holding it, basically playing like SG.

But how is harden supposed to do that when they put bev in the starting lineup with him that doesn’t make sense. That’s communicates to a allstar player even more that we want you to be the man go kobe, since you took your starting pg out the lineup from last year, so mchale is confused or morey with what they’re trying to do here.

I’m still a firm believer that moreys plan since this summer was to trade lin by deadline and have the starters and fans already adjusted to having lin not a starter so it wouldn’t be a big controversy in a letting your starting PG go. He has 4 solid PGs on this team BEV, lin, brooks and went out and drafted another one in cannan. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t move lin, bev may go in a package if another team wants him and morey can get something nice in return if bev has to be included.

5. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I'm not near as smart about stats as a lot of you guys are, but here are some that I can relate to.

Harden
    - NBA All-Star x2
    - Sixth Man of the Year
    - Olympic gold medalist
    - NBA title contender

Lin
    - NBA Rising Star
    - Linsanity

Yeah, I choose Harden as our closer. Again, not based on any real stats.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

In before

- Lin is not NBA All-Star x2 because of Rockets fans and Rockets organization
    - Lin is not Sixth Man of the Year because of McHale
    - Lin is not Olympic gold medalist because of Harden.
    - Lin is not NBA title contender because of Morey

Did I leave anyone out? ;):grin:

7. Clarinetmonster

No, but thanks for being the only one who was going to say those things.

8. yummyhawtsauce

Yes, Lin is a willing passer, he'll either get a good shot for himself or for a teammate...harden shoots a lot of difficult shots, hence his horrible percentage

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You forgot Sampson, Woodson and Bev.

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lin tried being the closer last year when we played Miami but good things didn't happen

12. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

You can cite examples of Harden failing too. Citing one doesnt get you anywhere.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I know Harden fails also sometimes I just wanted to say that lol

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

And when he makes the shot, his foot is on the line. :p

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That was an incredibly dumb mistake.

16. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Serious question: Why not Aaron Brooks as closer?

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not sure about you guys, but I feel a lot more comfortable with Harden-iso/last shot situations than Lin.

I had originally thought this was a troll poll but apparently not. I'm just not comfortable with Lin as he is a bit too turnover prone. I would put Lin as our second option for closing situations,

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

One big thing working against AB is that sometimes those would be his first minute(s) of the game and he could very well likely be ice cold from sitting on the bench for 47+ minutes.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because his entire game is predicated on whether or not he is hitting his long ball. If he is not, it is a complete negative in EVERY FACET of the game. Defense?Sucks. Passing? Tunnel vision, average at best. Finishing at the rim? Not strong enough. When he is hot, yeah leave him in. Otherwise, chain him BACK to the pine.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If brooks isn't hitting his jumper hes absolutely useless