1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should We Have Been Surprised by Tonight's Results?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

First of all, I want to say that I don't blame people for being pissed by us losing this game tonight. Some people may say that those people are fair-weather fans, but to lose to a 2nd team that has only won 2 games all year makes it extremely difficult to just sit there and not be frustrated.

Really no comments on the game and the less said, the better. It looks like what was a promising season will once again fall from the wasteside because of fuc!ing injuries.

But here's the reason why I post this: the Rockets were playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road after dropping a heartbreaker the night before. Add to the fact that we are without our best player and our other outstanding player is hobbled as well, it doesn't take long to figure out that we have a highly inexperienced team on the floor. Come on...Torres, Tierre Brown, Morris, and Griffin all show signs of talent, but they are very green. Rice and Willis have been struggling and it's unfair to expect KT and Walt to carry this team. And Moochie...well that's a whole other story.

And guess what happens to inexperienced teams that play a second game of a back-to-back on the road after dropping a heartbreaker the night before? They lose...and it doesn't matter to who.

I was really hoping that the Rockets would prove me wrong, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. It's a damn shame that what should have been 2 gimmes came at the expense of us having our 2 best players out/hobbled and the 2nd game especially coming with the circumstances facing this team. If the Rockets ever get healthy and make a run to the playoffs, it is going to suck if we finish out 1 or 2 games because of games like the one tonight.

Maybe thacabbage was right and that this team is going to only win 30 games this year. I still believe that this team has some talent, but it is several years away from making an impact and it really needs its 2 best players. I wish there was something we could do about it, but even though blaming Rudy, lack of effort, saying Rockets SUCK a million times, and giving gettinbranded a hard time (he's actually done better lately) will all make us feel better....the only thing that will make this better is time - time for Francis and Mobley to get healthy and back into the line-up. However, any hope of a playoff berth may be up in smoke when this does happen.

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

First of all, I want to say that I don't blame people for being pissed by us losing this game tonight. Some people may say that those people are fair-weather fans, but to lose to a 2nd team that has only won 2 games all year makes it extremely difficult to just sit there and not be frustrated.

The Bulls won only two, but were in countless others. They have some talent---it's just that it's not housed in the bodies of experienced players.

3. spence99

spence99 Member

OK - you can say we're unexperienced. But look at the $#%@ Bulls. You think they have experience? They are possibly the worst team in the history of the league and we not only lost to them - we got blown out. Pathetic!

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Don't get me wrong, I am pissed off, too, by this loss.

However, all I'm saying is that, IMO, this would have been a different game if it wasn't for the following:

1) Francis is out
    2) Mobley is not 100%
    3) This game was the 2nd game of a back-to-back
    4) This game was on the road
    5) This game comes a night after blowing the Knicks game

I could say more like our offense sucks and Rudy doesn't know how to adjust the offense to what we have but I think everyone knows that. With Francis and Mobley out, who is going to step up and be the leader of this team? Rice? Willis? Cato???

All I am saying is that yes we should be pissed, but if we look at the circumstances and the unique situation surrounding this game, then I, at least, am not surprised by what happened. I had told one poster in the chat that I was afraid to watch the game tonight because I knew that this would happen.

When you have a team that is not as good as the Rockets right now because of Francis and Mobley being out, you should expect them to lose especially after playing the night before and choking like they did. It is human nature, IMO. If we had guys who had more experience and more experience playing with each other , then I don't think we lose this game.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm not surprised at all Manny. The Bulls have more talent than the Rockets. The more talented team is expected to win. Add in the back-to-back on the road thing coming off a tough loss, and it didn't look good for the Rockets. Nobody outside of Houston thinks Moochie Norris is better than Greg Anthony. Nobody outside of Houston thinks a less than 100 percent Cuttino Mobley is better than Ron Mercer. Nobody outside of Houston knows who Tierre Brown is. Nobody outside of Houston knows who Oscar Torres is. Nobody outside of Houston thinks Glen Rice has anything left. Brad Miller, with one arm tied behind is back, is better than Kelvin Cato. How could anyone EXPECT the Rockets to have won this game?

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

A loss should have been expected, but a thirty-point-spanking, NO.