1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we get Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by streetking713, Jul 27, 2014.

?

Should we get Michael beasley

Poll closed Aug 11, 2014.
  1. Hell yah!!

84 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No .. He is no help

159 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Beasley is a bad player. He's been dropped by three NBA teams now. His last yr at PHO was horrendous. A horrible PER and negative WS. He hurts teams when he's on the court

Only suckers would sign him. Doesn't matter if it's vet min or not. You should not give him minutes over developing young talent

Jones and DMo are both better. Plus with Capella, why would you give Beasley any minutes at the expense of giving your rookie burn

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

He is talented for sure , all comments about lack of fucus etc, does't mean a thing in McHale system

3. Fantasma Negro

I've been trumpeting the signing of Beasley all summer even before the Parsons fiasco. He's still young and has an extremely high ceiling. I still remember him torching Parsons for thirty-five his last season in Minnesota. I think he could be incredible coming off the bench behind Ariza. We need a small forward, I'd rather have him than Marion

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Funny since Beasley isn't even a basketball player. He's a pot head who happens to be tall and athletic.

5. Fantasma Negro

Meh that dedescribes a third of the league. Dude is freaking talented and athletic as crap.He could easily provide 15 and 7 plus some athletic dunks to bring a spark to our bench lineup. I'd take a chance

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

So is Joey Dorsey. But he was hand picked by our GM and given a contract. The question is Beasley a better nba player than Joey Dorsey? The answer is anybody is a better nba player than Joey Dorsey. He is straight garbage. Yet you guys are acting like we have better options. I'd take Micheal Beasley over any of the d-league/euro trash Morey has currently assembled

7. Fantasma Negro

Hey fella he is young talent that needs to be developed. And he's not a power forward. Maybe you should actually watch the nba, he's a small forward. A 6'10 235 lb 24 yr old small forward with nothing but upside. And if the rockets sign him he'd come off the bench with no pressure. He's more talented than Parsons all he needs is consistent mins to be well consistent. He could be McHails Bonzi but with a happy ending

8. heypartner

Let me 'splain it like this:

One of the most popular things for fans of every team to say this summer, as well as the media, is that everybody should try to emulate the Spurs. The Spurs acquire journyman, role players who are smart and know how to play the game the right way.

There is no way in hell the Spurs would ever sign a headcase, lazy chucker who has no bball IQ or focus. Further, the second best team in the league last year, Miami, did not let him play in the playoffs. The best player in the league has said he doesn't like his attitude. Four teams in six years have given up on him.

Why would the Rockets acquire a player who the Spurs would never sniff at?

9. heypartner

well, you'd be a sucker.

4 NBA teams have given up on Beasley in his six years as a pro. FOUR!

LOLs at your post saying Beasley could easily be a 15/7 player. I'm pretty sure there aren't any 15/7 SFs in the league right now, except Durant.

uh, Beasley played PF as KSU and his first two years in the NBA. The nMinnesota was foolish enough to get him from MIA and tried to switch him to SF, because of Love.

Both the MIA PF trial and the SF experiment at MIN failed, so each teach got rid of him. And the PHO experiment was a complete disaster. He can't play either position, and four NBA teams have tried. And you seem to imply you watch more NBA than I do.

umm...next year is his 7th season in the league. Keep saying that.

sucker

I actually think you are trying to troll this thread. Nobody is this ignorant.

#69 heypartner, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  10. Ismail

Ismail Member

Stephen Jackson says hello.

11. heypartner

My point exactly. Stephen Jackson was dismissed by Popovich right before the 2013 Playoffs.

Why would we want a player like Beasley who got deactivated by the Heat for the playoffs? Why do we care about a player who can't do anything in the post-season?

#71 heypartner, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What were the 4 teams? Miami, Wolves, Suns.....who else?
    Oh yeah. No one else. Miami twice technically. But 3 teams. Also I'd rather have him than Marion.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember folks (including me) were making fun of Morey for collecting lotto busts?

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Beasley is 25, going into his 7th season, and has played 10,000 minutes. He can't pass, can't defend, and he shoots like he's James Harden.

He's a liability. We are better now than we would be if we signed him.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I think those days are over for now we have 2 top 15ish players, tho those days of collecting busted lotto picks for nothing (minus twill) were fun times

16. heypartner

Miami pre-LeBron and Miami with LeBron and Bosh are definitely two completely different teams.

So yes, four teams in six years have quit on the Beasley experiment.

Next up...the Rockets! :rolleyes:

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'd rather have anybody but Joey Dorsey. If he can get a chance from Morey, how exactly is Beasley a downgrade? Lol. Joey Dorsey? C'mon

18. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

This guy is an example of someone who sees the game offensively. If 50% of the game is defense, you can do the math in terms of ranking players. Hustle, rebounding matters.

19. Fantasma Negro

You can't count, he's been on three teams. Miami only traded him the first time because they were getting LeBron, he left Minnesota for more money in Phoenix, had his personal issues and went back to Miami where he sat behind you guessed it LeBron so he wasn't able to get a lot of mins because LeBron doesn't come out for long.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It would be very interesting to see Beasley play backup center. Hopefully not for the Rockets.