1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we bring Robert Horry back to Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bacteria10, Jun 30, 2003.

1. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Horry had a horrible season last season, his knees are shot and his back is bad shape. TMo could be the same type player but not as much range. Before tmo got hurt he wasn't knocking down his jumper consistentantly we all know he can play defense and rebound. Lets work with what we got.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You can never go home again.:(

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I'd love to have him back on our team.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Pass. Do we need another low % PF that will cause teams to collapse around Yao? Don't talk clutch - his playoff % was just as poor.

5. munco

munco Member

Have the guys that have asked for Horry's return seen him play at all last year? The guy was horrible and may have been able to redeem himself if he had at least played semi-decent in the Spurs seriously. Horry is no longer athletic and now it seems he's lost his knack for hitting the clutch shot. I'd pass on him.

6. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

NO, we already have enough slackers!

7. Nova

Nova Member

Screw Horry, he sux, and is definitely not a player the Rox need on their roster right now. He ain't the right type of veteran for this team.

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Horry was forced to play way more minutes than he should have because of injuries last year. He is still a solid contributor if his time is limited to 15-20 mins per game. If we replace Collier with Horry for the vet minimum, that would be a nice move. He brings championship experience, good spot-up 3 pt shooting, decent passing and tolerable defense for short periods.

If you'll recall, the year before Horry was a hero...hitting clutch shots in the play-offs. In the right rotation, he could help us develop that "team" play we need.

9. Toast

Toast Member

Didn't he shoot something like 1-40 in the playoffs this last season? Didn't he miss a potential game-winner vs. San Antonio in game 4 (I think it was game 4 ... can't quite remember).

I love Bob, but if he's the type of guy who only shows up for the playoffs, and that's what he does when he shows up, thanks but no thanks!

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Horry is 34, and entering the twilight of his career. His shooting was gawd awful in the playoffs.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I like Robert very much but no older players going into their declining years please.

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

robert horry is a guy who doesn't show up in the regular season. this past year, he didn' t show up in the playoffs, either. since we're a team that is trying to get in the playoffs, how does robert horry help us?

:confused:

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'd take him back even though the majority wouldn't.

He is probably my favorite role player ever. He can block shots. He can hit the big perimeter shot. There are not many who can do that.

The Rockets are a team on the rise with a good center in Yao Ming. Horry's game fits with good centers. I think he would be a good fit.

14. BigRay

BigRay Member

He did that 10 years ago!! :rolleyes:

15. x_trepidation_x

Since when did Horry block shots on a consistent bases? The guy is washed up. He had his best days when he was playing with Dream.

We don't need another has been on this team. We already have Rice who fills that role just fine.

16. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

As clutch as Horry has been in the post season, he has been on the side of a milk carton during the regular season. In the regular season, Horry plays very very lazy to the point where he is practically a non-factor. Since I don't see this Rockets team advancing in the playoffs this upcoming season, I do not see a good reason to sign a player like Horry.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I would classify Horry as a "never was." He had all the tools to become a great one. He just didn't work on his game at all. He turned into a lazy player, who simply camps out behind the 3 point line. There's no excuse for someone with his talent to not average 17 pts, and 10 rebs for his career.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

19. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Saying Horry is a "never was" is a little harsh. I would agree he never lived up to his potential, but you can't ignore his contribution to the Rockets second championship. Horry was given serious MVP consideration for the finals that year after the playoff run he had (can't remember his stat line that playoff, but it was night and day compared to his regular season averages).

20. munco

munco Member

2-27 from 3pt. land against the Spurs
    0-11 from 3pt. land against the Twolves
    2-38 from 3pt. land in the playoffs

31.9% FG% in the Playoffs
    38.7% FG% in 2002-2003
    39.8% FG% in 2001-2002
    38.7% FG% in 2000-2001

The guy has not played well in the last several years. His clutch shooting was the thing he had going for him, but he doesn't seem to have that anymore. You can have one bad game, maybe a few bad ones, but not 9.