1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets trade for Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 21, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets trade for Jeremy Lin?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at giving up a pick in a deal that brings back Jeremy Lin...

the Rockets should not be giving up any 1st round picks unless the player they are getting back is a very good starter at worst, period

The Rockets should not be giving up a 1st just to dump Knight’s contract unless it is heavily protected, but if it is heavily protected, then who will take Knight? I’d rather just keep him and see what the market is like this summer when he’ll be an expiring.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This would actually be a good deal, because he’s already washed up. Once you get him, you have no use for a washing machine.

tc0330 likes this.
  3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Wouldn’t mind it but not for a first

cbs1507 likes this.
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

cp3 dislikes Austin rivers, how to trade Lin back to Houston? If we do nothing, we cannot get into playoff and lose many matches. We cannot get a win without cp3. Morey wants to give up this season ?

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You think it be over with, this team going back to see Lin AS THE GOTO GUY TO BRING IN!! LOL on the court, from what it started with to this...

[​IMG]

6. riko

riko Member

Codman quashed this fake so called scenario. Nothing more then the figment of over active imagination of some people. Rockets have ZERO interest in Lin

saleem likes this.
  7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

If we want to re-visit our old point guards,and we can't get Beverley or Lowry, I'd like to have Ish Smith.

8. riko

riko Member

Ish would be great

saleem likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

For god's sake, spare us the baggage that comes with Jerry Lin. His rabid fans made the GARM, and not just the GARM, a freakin' misery. I'll pass, and then pass again. I'll pass until the cows run out of the barn and onto a freeway to get hit by a Volkswagen Bug. (Now suffer through a little true story I just remembered, gentle reader!)

That actually happened to us on the way to the Texas International Pop Festival at the end of August, 1969, a short time after Woodstock, with most of the bands that played there also playing at Dallas. It was dark and we were on Highway 59 , smoke pouring out the windows, when a cow that had wandered through a a hole in a fence suddenly appeared right there in front of us, 6 hippies squeezed into that Bug going at least 60. We caught the damn thing with the left front, knocking it down. The cow, not us, thank god. A miracle. I was meant to survive so I could discover ClutchFans over 30 years later.

I was a sardine in the back seat and looked back in time to see the cow get up and continue on its way. We were in the outside lane and in the lane over, hauling ass, was a huge semi-tractor trailer coming on like a freight train. That cow walked right in front of it, brightly lit by the semi's headlights. I was the only one who saw the results, if only for a moment. We managed to make it to the festival in one piece, had an incredible 3 days and 2 nights, and then got a ticket for a busted headlight going home late on the last night. It was a real trip, in more ways than one. We survived and didn't get arrested. Another miracle, so it was a great time, except for that cow.

10. txn

txn Member

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Find me an article stating that the rockets are considering Lin for a trade

Oh there isn’t one

Fake ass rumor

saleem likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If not for the sanity of Clutchfans, I would say that'd be something at least worth considering. But no. It's not worth starting another World War here.

Deckard likes this.
  13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

tell em throw in trey young

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Sign Rivers, trade Knight and a pick for Lin and Justin Anderson. Call it a night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm genuinely surprised how many posters that I genuinely respect overplay the "Lin fanbase made the BBS unbearable" narrative.

Lin is upgreade as a secondary ball handler to whatever we have right now while CP3 is out for an extended period of time.

Not wanting him for the right price because "OMG the GARM!" is letting trivial internet drama effect your fandom.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If Jeremy actually ends up on the Rockets, I think myself, as well as a lot of other posters here, will wish him nothing but the best and hope for his success because it will be beneficial to the Rockets.

At the same time, there isn't much evidence he's going to end up here anyway, and it seems like many people are pretty apprehensive about the potential for chaos that might accompany Lin here.

I wasn't active on this board during the Lin era like you were, but I sure was reading everything and holy sh*t...with how volatile Clutchfans is already because of the disappointing (so far) season, an influx of crazies might cause the universe to implode.

Easy likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you had been here during Lin's sojourn with the Rockets, you would understand the apprehension of many of those that were here at the time. His effectiveness on the court was a mixed bag. We didn't capture that Knicks season in a bottle when we got him, worse luck. Perhaps he's improved his consistency since then. I haven't been keeping up with his post-Rockets career, except for seeing the occasional media blurb from the usual NBA coverage, and when we played against him and his team, of course, so I don't have a good idea of how effective he is these days. Lin could be an addition worth having - perhaps, and perhaps not.

What I have a vivid memory of is the literal chaos caused by his rabid fans, who swarmed the BBS like a plague of locusts, in my opinion. An example? No one, and I mean no one, including Clutch, could make a critical comment about his play without being attacked by at least one them, often several. It wasn't the normal disagreements and back and forth we see everyday in the GARM. If a member got angry because of a botched play by the guy, which happens to pretty much every player from time to time, he could be accused of ethnic based racism. It was frustrating for a lot of us because Yao was and still is beloved by the vast majority of members here, including some of Lin's most ardent critics. My personal preference would be to avoid a repeat of that experience.

To me, it simply isn't worth the aggravation and disruption they caused. Jerry came across as a nice guy. If he were an elite player, and he isn't, it likely would have made putting up with the worst of the Jeremy Lin fans more bearable. It's hard to describe. I've attempted to, but you really had to be here. All in my humble opinion, of course.

Easy, Roomba and riko like this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder how this work.

CP3 - can't stay on the court.
    A backup PG - can't stay on the court.
    A backup to a backup PG ?

still tempting given our current backup PG situation

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You definitely are exaggerating.