1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 27, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Might have to trade Jones

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes.

Give them Patsquatch, Jones and White (ha!). Throw in Delfino's very favorable contract and we can take back one of their guards who's just sitting on the bench.

They probably would laugh at that offer though.

3. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

That's a depressing take but true in some regard.

Lamarcus has no inside presence like Yao and Harden is nowhere as talented as a primetime TMac. The only upside this roster has is its youth. Parsons and Asik may develop into solid players over the next few years.

Lest we forget, we also have the next Nash-lite in Lin.

I am hopeful.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I'd die if we landed LA, but no way we can get him without giving up some of our key pieces. I don't think he wants to move to a new team either.

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Aldridge is way better than PPAT. It isn't even close. You guys that are saying Aldrige is slightly better are crazy. I'd take Aldridge over every PF in the league besides Kevin Love.....especially when you consider his age.

6. pnr

pnr Member

He's staying with Portland. They have Lillard now who is a future top 5 pg.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lin and Parsons are two players that they do not need.

Batum is getting paid max-ish and is playing that way and DL looks like the next big PG.

Asik is a possibility but I don't think they prefer him with recently drafting Leonard who is doing fine for someone deemed a project.

The only way they trade LMA is to cut salary in order to build a younger team (LMA is still young). I really don't see this as viable unless it was for someone such as Cousins.

8. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

how about we trade 2Pat + Morris + Lin + Dmo and then if needed then 1st rounder for him. would love to get him

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

While that`s true - we don`t really have a better option out there... it`s not like there are several stars out there waiting for us. Whenever we have a chance to get an all-star level player that fits the team and is not too old, we have to take a long hard look at him. And Aldridge is a player like that - a core of Aldridge and Harden is a core Morey could build around. But I would hate to lose Asik or Parsons - everybody else is fair game for me (I could live with losing one of the 2 if it nails us Aldridge).

Problem is: this article is only speculation. Portland loves Aldridge and they are not looking to move him. So as good as it sounds, I don`t think we have a shot - and I guess we`ll end up with Josh Smith next off season (not the worst option out there if you have the right coach).

Oh, and to get back at the T-Mac/Yao thing. If both could`ve stayed healthy there is a good possibility we would have a ring now.

10. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

If they asked for parsons, jones, and pat for LMA, I'd do it..

Lin/touglas
    Harden/Delfini
    Morris/white
    LMA/Dmo
    Asik/smith

And with the system of 9 man rotation.....

11. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Throw in some picks

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

boy i love too much this team i wouldnt traded nobody for LMA...**** the core to build on..we already got the core...and were already building upon it...

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I read the article and still do ont understand why the Blazers would trade Aldridge. Now, its one thing if he wants to leave when becoming a free agent, however Houston is not the magnet for free agents.

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

White being in the line-up is kind of a toss-up, but even with him our 3 spot is looking pretty bad. We would miss Parsons pretty badly which is why he should be one of our untouchables for what he brings on and off the court.

15. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

We can't afford LA, unless we can trade via 3-team deal.
    We would have to include: Cook/Aldrich/Morris/Patterson/Jones/White/Machado.
    They will probably want Parsons in there too, over Machado, as well as get rid of some of their players, it's only business.

Lin/Douglas
    Harden/Delfino
    Parsons/
    Aldridge/Motiejunas
    Asik/Smith

Or we can use some of our cap space. But this puts us in a sore spot on the FA market, because then we need to answer, is Aldridge worth a max deal according to the CBA? I'm not sure, since he's a better Patterson. He's not on a Young Tim Duncan's level, nor is he a young Kevin Garnet. Is he on Kevin Love's level?

I don't think he's worth it, not max, and not worth gutting our team for. Unless someone else has a valid argument, he's not worth it now.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That might not be true now (Harden; Lin's Chinese-market connection).

I'd love LaMarcus Aldridge on the Rockets. We could offer cap space and young talent.

But, outside of this article-writer's speculation, is it even on the table, or, as the preacher asks his congregation in Blazing Saddles, "Are we just j***ing off?"

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I don't know if we should full throttle on LaMarcus Aldridge. Like someone already said, he is not a franchise player who is worth the max money he will be asking for in the open market.

As for the obligatory Lin reference, Lin for all I know is NOT the Chinese market connection that Yao commands.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but this is really a far reach. I see Aldridge demanding a trade when his skills start to diminish. We just might be "j***ing off."

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

then once lamarcus back potentially gives out if he does go to the rockets, everyone on clutch fans will turn into crybabies once again as usual.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. Would have to give up too much for him to not be a top acquisition.