1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets extend Harden to 200 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Purvis2Short, May 14, 2017.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

With more money comes greater expectations.......if that's something he understands, extend him now, and hope to see greatness (and get him some ****ing help, for the love of God).

Pen15clubber and RockWest like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see him hitting his mid range shot too, and improving his post up game, so he doesn't have to over rely on trying to draw fouls at the basket. I think he can cut down his turnovers to some extent, but that is harder to do against pressure, hence the need for another ball handler.

RyanB likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His personal stats mean nothing to me when he chokes in all the playoffs. I'd rather have someone who actually elevates their play in the playoffs, if I was gonna pay that kind of money. I know, most will disagree, but I don't really care. I don't think he's worth that kind of money for that reason. He should take a cut, and let us build our team better. We need guys who aren't chokers.

cheke64, Little Bit and Jontro like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

something like this guy

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/20/lebron-james-continues-take-game-higher-levels

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Choker is a compliment. Dude sold out on his team and the whole city of houston for whatever feud he had prior to game 6. I will never trust that guy. 200 million for a sellout is alot of money
    [​IMG]

deb4rockets and Jontro like this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

OP wid dat short purvis

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Harden quit on this team

8. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Cavs did 2x after LBJ left. Drafted Kyrie and used another 1st overall to trade for Love after LBJ, another Cavs 1st overall pick, came back.

Warriors drafted Curry, Klay, Draymond and won a title.

Rockets used 12th pick to trade for Harden. Lottery picks can help if used correctly. Just signing guys who cant get much better isnt the way.

9. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

And we're all here watching the Finals. Yay 55 wins. Raise the banner.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The regular season is not that important when considering the playoffs.

The Cavs are about to go to the Finals with a 51-31 record. They have the best player but he isn't exactly young.

Whereas the 55- 27 Rockets are out in the Second Round 2-4 against a Spurs team without 2 of its stars.

If they can get the talent to work together and peak at the right time, everything is possible.

J-Mac likes this.
  11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Its almost as if some people were hoping for us to lose so they could bash Harden. Its a joke. I was all against us getting Pringles as a coach but they won 20 more games than I thought. I'm happy where we are headed and if we did not have Harden we would be picking in the top 10 every year. It has not worked out well for the Sixers an Suns.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

he is