1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets call Mark Cuban and try to trade for Dirk?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 8, 2015.

Tags:
?

Should the Rockets trade for Dirk?

Poll closed Jul 18, 2015.
  1. Yes

135 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. rockets13champs

Should we trade for Dirk now that the Mavs will be tanking this season? They need assets more than ever and we have them. Give em a first rounder tjones, papa few assets for dirk and devin harris

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya right first dirk would never approve of the trade and 2nd mark Cuban would die and roll over in a grave before he sent his best player in franchise history to his arch rival Morey

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not happening.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

One of our young PFs for Dirk makes sense for both sides.

Now if we could only do this and still add a Collison or Lawson....

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

It would never happen, but I'd be all for it..

6. rocketsmetalspd

Not going to happen. Rockets need to get going in get their deals done. Almost 11.

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Cuban would die before seeing Dirk on the Rockets lol

8. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Can we edit the "it's happening" meme into "its not hapoening" for post like this?

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Why stop there? Trade for Duncan too. What about Chris Paul? Should they trade for him?

10. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Worst thread ever. Dirk is washed up and a mav for life.

What's next a Karl Malone appreciation thread?

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

completely different situation

nice r****d logic

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I heard Lebron is still a free agent. Should we offer the max to him ? I'm sure he will accept. Git er dun Molly!

14. JazzLakerHater

One year ago, I would have been all for it, but after watching Dirk in the playoffs this year, I'm really not sure he'll make that much of an impact. Dirk can still shoot, but he literally is the worst defender in the league.

15. GottaHaveHeart

In a Heartbeat! We need outside shooting....stretch 4...yes, please!!!!

16. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yeah, of course we would and should, if it was offered. Hell I'd give up DMo, TJones, a 1st and take on Felton's contract to do it. Sign Smith and still look for PG to trade for. Rockets would rocket (pun intended) up the rankings, even if the package was a slight overpay.

Of course the Mavs would never do it, so it is silly to think about it, but boy would Dirk work well with this team.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm amazed that any person who follows the Rockets would believe we have a chance at trading for Dirk. Cuban has a clear grudge against Morey, which started mostly because Morey inquired about trading for Dirk while also offering him a max contract.

I would put my money on us being literally the 1st or second to last team Cuban would ever trade Dirk to. AND that even if Cuban wants to trade Dirk in the first place which is unlikely, I think Dirk retires before he is traded.

18. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

This has to be locked Dirk freakin Nowiski? hes killed the rockets in playoffs games... plz lock this...

[​IMG]

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason you'd even pretend to have interest is for the lulz, he wouldn't be an upgrade over our current starting PF.

20. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

No. He had a great career but I want him and the mavs to suffer for as long as possible. I want him to retire with his team not making the playoffs and leave the game as pathetically as possible. I want him to demand 35 mil next year from Dallas for recompense for portions taking his salary. I want to see the sadness in his eyes as Felton rolls up the court and he realizes this is his starting pg. I want to see Cuban pissed off shaking that mop of a head as his team loses at home to Philly, Charlotte and even the kings. Why, you may ask? Cause f*** Dallas, that's why.

1 person likes this.