1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Celtics Blow Their Team Up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by munco, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Should the Celtics Blow Their Team Up ?

1. Yes

152 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. munco

munco Member

With the Celtics best player out for the rest of this year and half of next year while hanging on to the #8 spot should they just blow up their team? i.e. trade KG or Pierce for young assets, tank, etc.

Cripes as soon as I write this on halftime of the Lakers/OKC game Magic said they should blow it up.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of course they should and definitely will. Not even debatable. Do you have any doubt?

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I wouldn't from a owner's point of view.... They still are a fan attraction... I'd wait till next year to see if they can make the playoffs...meaning more money no matter how short a series it may be

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I wonder what the market is for KG/Pierce

Pierce expires next year, so if you are going after the 2014 free agent class his contract could be useful.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Wonder if the celtics want toney Douglas.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I think they SHOULD blow it up, but I'm not so sure HOW they can successfully do that.

I can see them getting rid of KG and Pierce quite easily. But not sure if they'd be able to get 'value' in return for them.

Getting rid of Jeff Green/ Brendan Bass/ Jason Terry will be quite a bit harder for them based on their contracts.
    If they manage to get rid of one of them (along with KG/Pierce) then they may well be in a good position to make a max big for Dwight this summer.

7. Arthurprescott2

I don't think they "blow it up" that easily.

KG has a no trade clause. Pierce is a player they've had/kept since drafting him in 1998. Boston fanbase insists both retire as Celtics and I hope Ainge keeps that in mind.

8. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

9. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I'll take on Terry's contract if it nets us Garnett without giving up Asik-Parsons-Harden. Terry will be good with Harden.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Ainge has been itching to trade players while they still have value.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>On cries to 'blow it up' w/ roster, Doc tells Y!: "We're not going anywhere. You wouldn't get what you wanted anyway. I still like our team"</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/295657595249770496" data-datetime="2013-01-27T22:20:38+00:00">January 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>GM Ainge on Celts direction: "You can't just philosophically say, 'We're going to do 'this.' You have to tell me what opportunities we have"</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/295660290249474048" data-datetime="2013-01-27T22:31:20+00:00">January 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

translation: don't try to lowball us

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

But, who on that team still has value ?

KG and Pierce are declining fast and still have big contracts. It would have to be a veteran team willing to take back major salary.

KG + Pierce for Amare + Camby ?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Should the Rockets blow up their mediocre team?

14. CertifiedTroll

I would suggest trading off the players before blowing them up.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They can't really blow it up. KG has a no trade clause, they have a bunch of underperforming players on generous contracts.

If that Pierce for Gay deal comes up, it makes some sense. But other than that i don't know what they could do. They are committed to trying to win for the next 2-3 years.

16. prs325

prs325 Member

Isnt Lowry suppose to be available?

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Lowry+Bargnani for Pierce would be interesting. Solves an issue now, gives a young trade asset for when Rondo's back. I suspect the Raptors would do it too.

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'm answering, what I think is a troll post, but whatever.

The Rockets are on average 23, the Celtics are all old farts. Big difference.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Before Rondo tore his ACL: Probably should blow it up.

After Rondo tore his ACL: Hell yes, and do it fast.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.